Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

ultegra52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Sahara Wrangler Unlimited
On Friday, I received a reply from [email protected] on the status of my 2.0L 4Dr. Sahara, fully tricked out. Quote: "According to our resources, your vehicle has finished at the body vendor and was just shipped to storage. Storage is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements." I ordered on June 7th.
Hopefully it will ship soon!

BGM
Sponsored

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
On Friday, I received a reply from [email protected] on the status of my 2.0L 4Dr. Sahara, fully tricked out. Quote: "According to our resources, your vehicle has finished at the body vendor and was just shipped to storage. Storage is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements." I ordered on June 7th.

BGM

This looks like the trend we have been seeing over the last week. Sports and Sahara's were being built regardless of the order date.. Recently we have seen 1 or 2 Rubis but nothing like the numbers we have seen on the other models. I choose to believe that some algorithm said to build these first, so they did. No idea what the criteria of said algorithm is/was but you can bet it was due to efficiency.

If you use Crypto as a guide you can see that most people order a Rubi so it makes sense to setup the line and run the bulk of the Rubis at one time.

Once these ship to dealers is going to be a great day for everyone.

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
Like most mass production, they probably group like/similar orders for efficiency reasons. That's why we see Sports or Sahara's first even though their orders were much later. I also believe paint is one of those factors - but that's just my speculation based on what my FCA rep stated he believed as well. Doesn't seem right but I believe that is what they are doing. I mean...what else could it be? Are they really of the mindset that its better to not offend the new buyers since the old buyers are probably already annoyed by the long wait? Do they offend all orders or just the 50% older ones? Makes business sense to keep the new order buyers happy when the old buyers are gonna be upset anyway. I hope that is not true but since they don't communicate with us all we have is speculation.

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
my Sahara 2.0L still in JS sitting in Ottawa, no change now for two weeks. Still playing the waiting game I thought for sure this week would be the first batch of KZs. Oh well..

Sponsored

theaj

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara Mojito Turbo / 21 2dr Rubicon Hydro Blue
my Sahara 2.0L still in JS sitting in Ottawa, no change now for two weeks. Still playing the waiting game I thought for sure this week would be the first batch of KZs. Oh well..
I’m there with ya man.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red

BGM
Got the same early last week...show me the money!!! Where's the jeep???

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Wow sounds too familiar...me too. That's why I don't believe any of the posts. We've been sitting, built and some say they are getting theirs. So the built ones sit and new ones are getting delivery any day. As you said...oh well.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Haven't checked in for a few days. Busy looking for my wife's next vehicle.

Figured I'd check status of my Sahara and Rubi orders to see if there's anything to report back.

Chat is down, of course, so blah. Maybe in a few days.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV

Sponsored

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
clip it on your belt loop

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Only way I carry my (500) keys... people always ask if I'm a janitor or something. Jerks, lol.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Only way I carry my (500) keys... people always ask if I'm a janitor or something. Jerks, lol.
Lol! See, I’m the opposite.

All I have is the fob to my GC in my pocket and a small Jeep tag attached to it. Not even a house key (yeah.... that’s risky).
Sponsored