Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
Just got this overly vague email concerning my order (I think mine is a unicorn for sure. Turbo Sahara Mojito color):

This is a courtesy email regarding your 2018 jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.

I am sorry that I have no updates to provide; however, I wanted to let you know that production of these models are underway and we should begin receiving updates pertaining to your order closer to the end of the production period.

I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL order & will provide any updates as they become available.

We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely,
Jeff
Jeep Product Information Center

WTF does THAT mean????
Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just got this overly vague email concerning my order (I think mine is a unicorn for sure. Turbo Sahara Mojito color):

I am sorry that I have no updates to provide; however, I wanted to let you know that production of these models are underway and we should begin receiving updates pertaining to your order closer to the end of the production period.

I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL order & will provide any updates as they become available.

Sincerely,
Jeff
April Fool's!!!

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon

Sincerely,
Jeff
What day did you order? Do you mind sharing which one it is on Crypto? The more information everyone shares, the more we can piece all of this together.

Sponsored

WazSupDog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Orange JL Sahara
I ordered Two weeks ago knowing it will be a long wait. My delema is I haven't got a VIN yet. So I am not sure if I will get a 2018 or not. If I don't I would imagine it won't be until December before delivery and that when it would be parked for the winter.
I'm in EXACTLY the spot. I ordered a about 2 weeks ago but can't get my dealer to give me any information. I've texted and called him like 6 times and there's always an excuse as to why I don't have an order number. He went so far as to verbally "guarantee" that the order was placed and accepted but no order number.

For the record, I ordered a Punk'n 2.0 Sahara. I guess the bright side is that I have been lurking here for some time, so it's not a surprise or anything that these delays are happening ;)

The other thing I'm worried about is the honoring of my Tread Lightly discount if my order pushes into 2019.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Just got a call from Jeep. They said production was going to start late July. That is pretty much the same thing Chicago was told.
Yes first late June/early July now late July, not to mention the original builds that got cloned and should have already been delivered. Again, nothing they say means anything. My reply from corporate said they (2.0) are on material restriction, so how can anyone believe this guy. If one knows something shouldn't they all know, or at least corporate Executive referral manager, whatever that title means. I don't love the wait but I hate the misinformation which they give us constantly. Ranting :) sorry

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Happy Friday, all!

This is kind of a non-update, but in the spirit of sharing everything we know (or don’t know), here goes...

I asked my salesperson (who’s great by the way) if she had any update on the Turbos from her dealer rep, and here is her response:
« Yes, however, not great news. There is some sort of issue with the turbo. He didn’t know what specifically. But, he did say that they are in the process of fixing all built Jeeps & then using all the updated engines for future builds. He didn’t know any sort of ETA on how this delay will effect timing. Let me know if you hear anything else & I will do the same!«

Meh. I only placed my order mid May as my current lease doesn’t expire until late August. I think I’ll take it easy and drink a lot of rosé to take the edge off, then reevaluate mid-July. I’d rather not jump ship to the V6, but that’s always an option. :time:

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Friday, all!

This is kind of a non-update, but in the spirit of sharing everything we know (or don’t know), here goes...

I asked my salesperson (who’s great by the way) if she had any update on the Turbos from her dealer rep, and here is her response:
« Yes, however, not great news. There is some sort of issue with the turbo. He didn’t know what specifically. But, he did say that they are in the process of fixing all built Jeeps & then using all the updated engines for future builds. He didn’t know any sort of ETA on how this delay will effect timing. Let me know if you hear anything else & I will do the same!«

Meh. I only placed my order mid May as my current lease doesn’t expire until late August. I think I’ll take it easy and drink a lot of rosé to take the edge off, then reevaluate mid-July. I’d rather not jump ship to the V6, but that’s always an option. :time:
Oh boy. “Fixed” brand new engines......better up those warranties.

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Happy Friday, all!

To me it makes more since that they would be fixing built Jeeps. I imagine that they build hundreds. And to just trash them would not make any business sense unless there was absolutely no other option than to just use for parts.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
To me it makes more since that they would be fixing built Jeeps. I imagine that they build hundreds. And to just trash them would not make any business sense unless there was absolutely no other option than to just use for parts.
maybe it’s faster to build from scratch then to fix , that’s probably why they cloned them eventually the originals will be fixed and sent to dealers I imagine