Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
I ordered Two weeks ago knowing it will be a long wait. My delema is I haven't got a VIN yet. So I am not sure if I will get a 2018 or not. If I don't I would imagine it won't be until December before delivery and that when it would be parked for the winter.
My dealer did not send me the VIN. I called the Jeep line and they called the dealership and got all the information. If you have done this, then I would call and talk to your sales person. You should have a VIN by now. I ordered mine a week ago and got the VIN yesterday, but I am sure it was available earlier.
Sponsored

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
It took me about a month to get a VIN. A major factor in the time frame is the size of the dealer and allocations.

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
It took me about a month to get a VIN. A major factor in the time frame is the size of the dealer and allocations.
The size of the dealer should not matter. Allocations and customer orders are two different things. A small dealer can take all the customer sold orders he can get.

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
My dealer did not send me the VIN. I called the Jeep line and they called the dealership and got all the information. If you have done this, then I would call and talk to your sales person. You should have a VIN by now. I ordered mine a week ago and got the VIN yesterday, but I am sure it was available earlier.
Do you have a VON?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
The size of the dealer should not matter. Allocations and customer orders are two different things. A small dealer can take all the customer sold orders he can get.
I got my vin and von in 2 days

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
^ this.

if you ordered 2 weeks ago, you should at a MINIMUM have a VON. Call in with your VON and Jeep Hotline can most likely give the VIN (very high chance that it exists at this point) - but honestly, your dealer should provide you with the VIN once it is assigned (and it likely already has been).

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Ensure you are pushing for it at this point. It took a week to get mine and turned out the reason they hadn't provided it yet, was because they hadn't ordered it yet...week wasted.
That would be a reason why , they didn’t order it

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking the same t
Anyone see 2 recalls on jl in another post site. Radiator leaks and u connect issues. Maybe wait is worth it
I was thinking the same thing--maybe we'll dodge all the needed fixes and have no trouble--that would be some advantage to wait.

LidPhones

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR EC3 White, Ordered 6-11-2018
Agreed.... call the dealer to check on the VIN once in D status. I received mine a day after being ordered.

Bobbye75!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ Wrangler Rubicon on order
Probably not, but when I made my first order, I was #99 on build priority. High volume dealers do get precedence believe it or not. My dealer sells more vehicles than anywhere in the country.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
https://www.byerschryslerjeep.net/n...umbus-oh-ef7cdc760a0e0ae70ae069c0d9e2ca99.htm

This one is right around the corner from me. Identical match to my 2.0 order, except it adds steel bumpers (I can live with that!) and removes the turbo, of course (can I live with that?).

It's the one I've been watching for a couple of weeks to see when it would finally come in (just updated today as in stock).

One odd thing is that it no longer shows up on the Jeep.com new inventory search tool... it showed up all the way through KZ status and today was the first day I saw it fall off.

I want to take it for a test drive and see if it's enough to sell me or if I'm steadfast on the 2.0 after driving this one.

Sent it to my dealer and asked if he'd like to try to get it transferred to him before I call the other dealer up.

Might need some "2.0 support" over the next 72 hours lol - otherwise I could be another one who drops and ends up in a 3.6!
Sponsored

Last edited: