Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
wondering - are there any other options before it gets built that i could pick to slow down the process any more?... :)
Yellow paint.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
wondering - are there any other options before it gets built that i could pick to slow down the process any more?... :)
Sky top?

Late July? I may end up ditching these idiots. Not sure I can take it anymore. Have to think this through and look at options.
I'm in the same place.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Good news, of course that is unless they are telling you what you want to hear...canā€™t trust these people
It sure seems that way.

And, wether it is Lies, Incompetence, Mis-Information they get away with it - a good case can be made they even profit from it.

As long as Jeep owners are like; ā€œHey I waited over 130 days, couldnā€™t get the options I wanted, paid through the nose, nobody could give me any reliable information that I could plan on, nobody would tell me what was happening or when I might receive my Jeep . . . . BUT I got it now and it is totally worth everything I went through - - - Iā€™m good.ā€

I think this is working just the way they want it to, otherwise it wouldnā€™t.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
"Late June/Early July"
"July"
"Late July"
"August" ?
"2019" ?

Every day I'm wondering - why are we waiting for these? I guess I like that my order hasn't gone anywhere, yet, because I haven't had to make the tough call of whether I even want to take delivery of a 2018 vehicle in August/September, or if I would prefer to take delivery of a 2019 in November, December.

Once these things start moving, it will be decision time. Pros vs. cons....

Waiting on a 2019 means a handful of new features (or at least refinements/revisions/corrections).... better residuals.... higher resale value... perhaps more options become standard.... More options to pick from (is Selec-Trac now an option on Rubicons? What are the Diesels like? Is BSG now on the 3.6?).

Not waiting means you get the vehicle ~60-90 days sooner and probably at a couple hundred or a thousand dollars cheaper than the 19s - and within 2 months of ownership, have "last year's" model.
I wonder how much Jeep will raise 2019 pricesl... The price hasn't slowed sales yet.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Latest email (this is about me asking if my Rubi order had kept my expedited place in line when I swapped from Sahara to Rubicon)... note that I received confirmation over the phone that it was expedited per notes from Nicole in my account.

Jeep.png

Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Looks like there is no end in sight. Luckily the 3.6 is a peppy beast, very fun to drive. I recommend!

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Latest email (this is about me asking if my Rubi order had kept my expedited place in line when I swapped from Sahara to Rubicon)... note that I received confirmation over the phone that it was expedited per notes from Nicole in my account.

Jeep.png
Wow did you see my post from corporate. Exact same bs. Everything is bs. We will never know what's going on. That seems clear!!!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Just got another email from Jeff - indicating that he just confirmed that as of yesterday (6/19), the expedited order under my name is a Sahara.

On 6/15, Jeep Hotline confirmed that the Rubicon was the expedited order for me (per notes from Nicole entered on 6/13).

So after we talked on the 15th and agreed that it is the Rubicon and should be the Rubicon.... it somehow switched to be the Sahara. Ugh.

Who knows if it even matters.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Man. Seems like itā€™s about to fall off the rails.

Whatā€™s the latest status you can cancel an order and expect to get the $ back?

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Man. Seems like itā€™s about to fall off the rails.

Whatā€™s the latest status you can cancel an order and expect to get the $ back?
Spoke to my GM today and we discussed my2018 vs my2019. Until we get closer to 19 and don't know when and if 18 will come out, there was little to talk about. He understood my frustration and will work with me if and when we know something. So I hang in until something happens. Of course he took my trade so he has $32,000 in bank but at least he was understanding. He did suggest 3.6 but at this point I will wait since it's over 4 months, what's another couple :crying:

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Spoke to my GM today and we discussed my2018 vs my2019. Until we get closer to 19 and don't know when and if 18 will come out, there was little to talk about. He understood my frustration and will work with me if and when we know something. So I hang in until something happens. Of course he took my trade so he has $32,000 in bank but at least he was understanding. He did suggest 3.6 but at this point I will wait since it's over 4 months, what's another couple :crying:
I'm beginning to wonder if deciding to get a Jeep instead of a 4Runner was the right choice.