Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Got this just now, I replied back asking about the e mail they sent me telling me builds would start late June haven’t heard back yet
Interesting*. I don't recall any communication from FCA "suggesting", "promoting", "framing" a major change in a Paid Customer Order.

*not in a good way.

Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am getting old. Well I am a lot older from when I ordered. Anyway, in reading your message, that eTorque thing didn't sound familiar. Has that been there all the time? I do remember reading the details on Jeep.com's build page, but I don't recall that term.
"The new 2.0L Four-Cylinder DOHC Turbo Engine with eTorque Technology"​

Also, in going to the Build Page, it now pops up this message at the bottom, for about 20 seconds.
SafariScreenSnapz195.jpg

I don't remember seeing it there last week when I was doing some What If builds. But, like I said, this waiting is making me old before my time.
It has been called eTorque from the beginning.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Erika wouldn’t know where you were in line.
That's what she posted. So wondering about that number. She specifically said 18k ahead of me but I was hoping the cloned got priority. The 18k would make it late June early July.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
That's what she posted. So wondering about that number. She specifically said 18k ahead of me but I was hoping the cloned got priority. The 18k would make it late June early July.
I remember her saying that as well

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
So what's a material restriction?
I have heard two takes on this.
One is that parts are not available, say something like the Headliners are are out of inventory and unable to meet the demands of production.

The second is that given a problem ( quality or fitment or policy or something ) a part cannot be used in production until a "fix" or re-engineering is done. In that case, if it is a long term issue, it may be removed from the order system.

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought she had you and Chicago's VIN, so she would know where you guys were in line. BUT, at that time, all of us Turbo orders were taken out of the line - when the fixed engine/harness/batteries (whatever) we approved for production - you Clones would be sent to the front of the line. If that happened today, you could be built by this coming Monday.
If you significantly changed your order, I assumed you would just go to D1.
For my order, which had not been built, contained, and cloned when the parts come in, I will just go to D1 and the back of the line.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I thought she had you and Chicago's VIN, so she would know where you guys were in line. BUT, at that time, all of us Turbo orders were taken out of the line - when the fixed engine/harness/batteries (whatever) we approved for production - you Clones would be sent to the front of the line. If that happened today, you could be built by this coming Monday.
If you significantly changed your order, I assumed you would just go to D1.
For my order, which had not been built, contained, and cloned when the parts come in, I will just go to D1 and the back of the line.
I hope ur right , I did give her my cloned vin

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
My 2.0 Clone has an estimated build date of June 18...take it for what that's worth...

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6