Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
So true, every time I reach out I just get false hope or some stupid email. Only credible thing I've seen in the late June/ July email.
I got that email as well , I hope it’s accurate
Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
The email I received last week
I am getting old. Well I am a lot older from when I ordered. Anyway, in reading your message, that eTorque thing didn't sound familiar. Has that been there all the time? I do remember reading the details on Jeep.com's build page, but I don't recall that term.
"The new 2.0L Four-Cylinder DOHC Turbo Engine with eTorque Technology"​

Also, in going to the Build Page, it now pops up this message at the bottom, for about 20 seconds.
SafariScreenSnapz195.jpg

I don't remember seeing it there last week when I was doing some What If builds. But, like I said, this waiting is making me old before my time.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I am getting old. Well I am a lot older from when I ordered. Anyway, in reading your message, that eTorque thing didn't sound familiar. Has that been there all the time? I do remember reading the details on Jeep.com's build page, but I don't recall that term.

Also, in going to the Build Page, it now pops up this message at the bottom, for about 20 seconds.
SafariScreenSnapz195.jpg

I don't remember seeing it there last week when I was doing some What If builds. But, like I said, this waiting is making me old before my time.
I’m not sure if it was always on there or not

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

SafariScreenSnapz195.jpg

D111A776-39AC-42C0-9C80-5FAE023002D8.png

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Yes, a while ago, I was looking at all the things on the Turbo that, along with electrical wiring, could be suspect in the fires. But, I think there is more information now - or at least it is worded differently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the 4 door slow down, I recall seeing a couple of posts in other threads where vendors and some customer 4 door orders were closed off. Being a 2door guy, I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Yes, a while ago, I was looking at all the things on the Turbo that, along with electrical wiring, could be suspect in the fires. But, I think there is more information now - or at least it is worded differently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the 4 door slow down, I recall seeing a couple of posts in other threads where vendors and some customer 4 door orders were closed off. Being a 2door guy, I didn't pay a lot of attention.
I’m hoping they start this build soon

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m hoping they start this build soon
Usually, it is tough being a Clone, but in this case, you may get moved way up in the 18k waiting line even though you are a 4Door.

My only hope is that a 2Door can get out of D and back to D1 and on schedule.

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Usually, it is tough being a Clone, but in this case, you may get moved way up in the 18k waiting line even though you are a 4Door.

You mentioned the 18k waiting line and I recall Erika telling me my clone had 18k ahead of me. Where'd you get your info from?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Got this just now, I replied back asking about the e mail they sent me telling me builds would start late June haven’t heard back yet

91A25F1D-FF85-48DB-A4C4-3F1D3FC5E5EE.png

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mentioned the 18k waiting line and I recall Erika telling me my clone had 18k ahead of me. Where'd you get your info from?
Well, the first I heard that was from Erika, but then somebody did the math ( daily product estimates, planning time periods, etc ) and it came out right around 18,000. So, when considering the schedule line is for all the Jeeps in the world, that seems "pretty solid" and as my Grandfather used to say; "its close enough for Government work.

But, I would gladly be corrected by someone with real data.

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Got this just now, I replied back asking about the e mail they sent me telling me builds would start late June haven’t heard back yet

91A25F1D-FF85-48DB-A4C4-3F1D3FC5E5EE.png
She left me a voicemail saying the same thing. Unfortunately, no info other than turbos being on a material restriction with no eta. :headbang:
Sponsored