Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
In fairness, it's worth calling out that FCA has given a lot of timeframe estimates for the 2.0l. I wouldn't put much more stock in the new Early July start date than I would in any of the other 100 missed dates by FCA. Just something to help manage expectations.
Nope! They will be here soon--and going to be awesome! I hear the 2.0l comes with wings so it actually has flying capability!!! Glad I waited!
Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Nope! They will be here soon--and going to be awesome! I hear the 2.0l comes with wings so it actually has flying capability!!! Glad I waited!
I’m with u

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
I’m with u
So heard from corporate or didn't. Got a call with no news and no info. Basically hand in there or go for 3.6. Seems to be a part but other then our speculation they won't tell anyone what part. Promised the post but not much to say.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So heard from corporate or didn't. Got a call with no news and no info. Basically hand in there or go for 3.6. Seems to be a part but other then our speculation they won't tell anyone what part. Promised the post but not much to say.
That was hang in there. :)

Sponsored

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Yep it's a turbo. No idea if it's true, thats just what I was told. Of course ship date seems to correlate to build date

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Corporate told me everything was on hold until part was cleared. If it's the turbo.
Most of the time I think the dealer just gives a date based on typical deliver cycles and not information they really got from FCA.

We knew more about the delays than there dealers knew.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I've seen, ship date doesn't seem to correlate with anything other than crushed dreams
Didn't you get a 3.6. Your dreams crushed? You are truly annoying but I guess your proud of it.

Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Didn't you get a 3.6. Your dreams crushed? You are truly annoying but I guess your proud of it.
Just not sure why anyone would trust what FCA is saying at this point. They are pulling ship dates out of their asses. They have no set timeframe for delivering these things.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
They tell you late June early July ?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Just got off the phone with my dealer and asked him to try to switch my order to a Rubicon. By current leasing numbers, my cost goes down $5.19/month with the Rubi build over my original Sahara build. Hopefully it goes through.

He's not sure if they will approve the change to the trim itself - he thinks they would normally only do a minor change like cloth to leather or color, but probably not going from Sahara to Rubi. Anyone have experience here, or is this uncharted territory?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Just got off the phone with my dealer and asked him to try to switch my order to a Rubicon. By current leasing numbers, my cost goes down $5.19/month with the Rubi build over my original Sahara build. Hopefully it goes through.

He's not sure if they will approve the change to the trim itself - he thinks they would normally only do a minor change like cloth to leather or color, but probably not going from Sahara to Rubi. Anyone have experience here, or is this uncharted territory?
Good luck! Why can’t you just cancel and reorder rubi ? Or would that cost u more

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I finally spoke with my dealer this morning. I sent a text saying i was ready to cancel.

He called and 1st thing he said was "I talked with my guy and all that stuff about fires and cloned orders for everyone isn't true".

I told him Jeep emailed me with a new VIN and said my order was cloned yesterday.......

He said he'd call back....

*still waiting*
Sponsored