Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I'm pinning expectation for start of production beginning of July. That should give them enough time to iron out any problems which arose after initial testing and pre-production run. I really would like to have my Rubicon right now and have to actively remind myself to be an adult and quit thinking like the impatient twenty something kid I use to be. Some days we sound like a bunch of whiney kids in the playground who are upset when Daddy says we can't get our way. I sure don't want to be like that, so will just be patient and remind myself it is a first run of the new Wrangler and although many may think the sky is falling, it really isn't and we will be happy in a month or two when they are finally delivered.
Hey Joe are we there yet? Lol
Sponsored

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
for what it's worth i received the Email below. Remember i already cancelled my turbo order and got a 3.6 instead

Dear Allan: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler! Due to the length of time your vehicle was in storage; FCA has cloned your factory order. Cloning is a manufacturing process for vehicles that sit too long in one status. The factory put through a second order with the same specs and make sure that the clone keeps moving through production as does not sit in one specific status for too long. Your new vehicle identification number (VIN) is 1C4HJXFN4 JW255499 . Please note that cloned orders do not get pushed to the back of the system - they are prioritized and shipped as quickly as possible. With that being said, 2.0L production has been delayed. The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. We are anticipating to begin production on sold orders by the end of June/Early-July. If this changes we will reach out to you. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
So, this would mean no deliveries until Mid-Late August. I Can’t wait that long

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
So, this would mean no deliveries until Mid-Late August. I Can’t wait that long
Hopefully they give us a accurate time fram before that , the rest of this is all speculation

Sponsored

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2018 BRZ tS
Just received my biweekly message of another 2 week delay from Allnewwrangler.

smh

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Calling the hotline is like asking for frustration. You've been on this long enough to know they know nothing. Dealer might know more. Hoping corporate tomorrow tells me more. And this forum knows more. You need stop with them for your peace of mind.
Generally they have access to status codes and dates.

Chat does not, but hotline has consistently had that info when I call.

What they have NOT had is info on fires, wiring harnesses, compensation, etc. But they’ve given status codes and dates.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

What they have NOT had is info on fires, wiring harnesses, compensation, etc. But they’ve given status codes and dates.
Is that the 866 number?

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red

I got 6/23 but now hearing late June early July scares me that they are pushing further back. And no reason why!!!

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I'm pinning expectation for start of production beginning of July. That should give them enough time to iron out any problems which arose after initial testing and pre-production run. I really would like to have my Rubicon right now and have to actively remind myself to be an adult and quit thinking like the impatient twenty something kid I use to be. Some days we sound like a bunch of whiney kids in the playground who are upset when Daddy says we can't get our way. I sure don't want to be like that, so will just be patient and remind myself it is a first run of the new Wrangler and although many may think the sky is falling, it really isn't and we will be happy in a month or two when they are finally delivered.
I’m torn - I agree with you in general, but when the logical side of me breaks this down to a business transaction, the argument starts to fall apart, and the concerns seem more justified.

The tough part is that, as adults, we have financials and commitments to factor in. For some, these are daily driver vehicles that are relied upon for transportation to jobs, family medical appointments, etc.

Some sold their previous vehicles based on timelines communicated by FCA. I’m not arguing that it was a bullet proof or risk free plan for those who did, but it was at least a calculated risk based on information from a multi-billion dollar company who has produced hundreds of thousands of vehicles with hundreds of new launches like this. 100%, risk free guarantee? No. But... reasonable decision to sell a vehicle at, say, week 10 when the communicated timeframe was 6-8 weeks for delivery? Sure.

I feel for those people. For myself, I’m irritated at the lack of communication - again, as adults, when we sign contracts and put $500 down as deposits, we generally hold the other party to reasonable expectations. In my work, we’d never be caught in this situation - we would cut ties with the other party and move on. I’d love to do that here, but Jeep has a corner on the market :)

It’s not that we’re crying “I want it now,” it’s that we’re saying - hey, you took our $500 based on a communicated expectation of 6-8 weeks. That’s an estimate, understood. So no big of it goes to 10 weeks. 12 weeks is ok. But once we get into the “more than double the estimate” territory, it is a reasonable expectation of any adult in a business transaction to receive information on when the new expected date is - to inform their decision as to whether to hold out, renegotiate, or go another direction.

It’s a simple business concept that applies to all financial transactions, really.

Don’t get me started on interest and how it factors in to this situation.

Itsgary2

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
  • I have been following this group since I order my Jeep (2/26/2018).
  • And one thing I’ve learned is the people have beeen given the run around for a while
  • At first I was thinking maybe we just didn’t understand the build cycle.
  • But really They have been holding on built Jeeps for a while 5-6 weeks or more.
  • This means...they have known about an issue for at least that long and have been trying to figure out a work-around and/or redesign of something.
  • I’m not one for a negative attitude but...the pattern and evidence is there.
  • Now...they just scrap a bunch of Jeeps...
  • Actually they probably stopped building before they got to thousands. Because they knew they had a problem
  • So, they go as far as they can in delay mode and then are forced to reissue VINs and say the car failed inspection.
  • The average person is NOT on this forum getting info we get. So to those individuals they are alone with a simple excuse “Failed Inspection” which sounds like Jeep was doing them a favor.
  • So, they probably have a plan and maybe a solution, but it takes time to re-engineer and retool a process. Because you still need time to TEST.
So, that long messase was to say. I trust the last message about July Production start-up. And then it’s weeks from there for delivery to Thousands of delayed customers. Jeep sold 29,776 wranglers in April. Just how many orders do you think they got for the Turbo? If the turbo got delivered those sales would be even more through the roof....

So...it’s just a tough situation for us...

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Personally, the idea that there has been some massive wait and it should've been available a long time ago is questionable at best. The original timeline wasate availability from what I recall. Lots of us pre-ordered and that means we ordered before it was even being produced and we knew that. It is also a first time production for this engine and a new model Wrangler. It isn't a massive class action lawsuits from any angle IMO as I've seen folks suggest. I do understand some canceling and going with the 3.6 if they've sold a car, etc., Or just get tired of waiting and cancel. I think most of the problem is they've built a really awesome Wrangler and darnit....we want ours too. I am starting to see different colors in town and how nice they are, but where is mine and when is it expected? I know what they've told us and honestly, who knows for sure. Hopefully, it is now fixed and won't be much longer and hopefully, they have the transportation issues under control and we get them in a reasonable amount of time. There shouldn't be as many surprises during production now since they've been making them for a few months, so I'm thinking positive and really feel when we get then soon, it will all be worth the wait. We're going to really enjoy these Jeeps!!!

Bobbye75!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ Wrangler Rubicon on order
Personally, the idea that there has been some massive wait and it should've been available a long time ago is questionable at best. The original timeline wasate availability from what I recall. Lots of us pre-ordered and that means we ordered before it was even being produced and we knew that. It is also a first time production for this engine and a new model Wrangler. It isn't a massive class action lawsuits from any angle IMO as I've seen folks suggest. I do understand some canceling and going with the 3.6 if they've sold a car, etc., Or just get tired of waiting and cancel. I think most of the problem is they've built a really awesome Wrangler and darnit....we want ours too. I am starting to see different colors in town and how nice they are, but where is mine and when is it expected? I know what they've told us and honestly, who knows for sure. Hopefully, it is now fixed and won't be much longer and hopefully, they have the transportation issues under control and we get them in a reasonable amount of time. There shouldn't be as many surprises during production now since they've been making them for a few months, so I'm thinking positive and really feel when we get then soon, it will all be worth the wait. We're going to really enjoy these Jeeps!!!
Probably.......that is if you enjoy life at the shop! (Speculating of course).
Sponsored