• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Ohio Antirock Sway Bars

AdRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I'm considering installing a Rock Krawler 3.5 inch X Factor "No limits" mid arm system with RRD shocks. I'd like to incorporate front and rear Antirock sway bars. Is anyone running something similar -- will it work? What are some of the pros and cons of this setup?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering installing a Rock Krawler 3.5 inch X Factor "No limits" mid arm system with RRD shocks. I'd like to incorporate front and rear Antirock sway bars. Is anyone running something similar -- will it work? What are some of the pros and cons of this setup?
Hit @Headbarcode up. He recently did the swap and is very helpful and honest about mods. 👍🏻

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hit @Headbarcode up. He recently did the swap and is very helpful and honest about mods. 👍🏻
Thanks for the kind words, Rick! I've gotten so much great and verified info from this awesome community, that I like to be able to pay it forward. :like:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
First off, welcome to the community!

Rock Krawler is a great company, owned by and employing very talented and knowledgeable people that design and manufacture most of their products in house.

I have the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger with 6-packs on my 2019 JLUR. The lift you're looking at is the only other option I would've gone with. It really just came down to the innovative shocks that kept me from tossing a coin. Both of these companies offer the highest level of articulation, shy of a full long arm and coilover conversion. Safe to assume that you're going with at least 37's, as anything smaller would be too small on these 2 kits. You'll also want a set of wheels that have no more than 4.5" of backspace, so as to better avoid hard tire rubbing on suspension components.

I recently installed the front and rear Antirock sway kits. I highly recommend both because they are purposely designed to work together for the most balanced ride and handling on and off road, while also being able to keep the body as level as possible when crawling rocks and going through the whoops. It also allows the deletion of the edisconnect motor and front bumper skid plate, which sheds a bit of weight and adds a couple degrees of approach angle.

Since these 2 kits have such an insane amount of flex, I found that my factory rear sway bar was contacting the bottom of the frame and costing me the last bit of potential wheel stuff. As for the front edisconnect, it's simply not designed with this amount of flex in mind. Having the links attached still limits full articulation with normal bushing style links. I was using Rock Krawlers No Limits links, which use heim joints on both ends that don't act as a limitation. Problem for me was that I chose the shorter of the 2 available sets, and even fully extended they weren't long enough. These 2 reasons are what prompted my looking into the Antirocks.

Here's a couple of recent pics of them installed. The last one is of the clearance I have in the rear, between the tire and sway arm and link, with the jeep sitting level. I have 38x13.5's wrapped around 17x9 wheels with -12mm offset and 4.53" of backspace.

Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210815_141454
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210816_101504_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210816_101341
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210816_101415
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210816_101605
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210816_101653
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock Sway Bars 20210816_140413

OP
OP

AdRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Thanks for sharing all the insight. Ironically, the Metalcloak suspension was the other package I was looking at -- just couldn't wrap my head around the shocks. I've read good things, but was concerned about the bulkiness and number of components that go into the shock. I'm currently running 35s and hoping to keep them for a short time with the new suspension and Antirocks. I'm thinking of doing it in stages -- Antirock/suspension/wheels and tires. Need to spread the cost a little. Did you upgrade your driveshaft or any other components when you went with the Metalcloak kit and 38s? Looks like you have an aftermarket stabilizer.
Sponsored