Antirock and overlanding mix????

FsT4WrD

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
No disconnects so was leaning toward a Rockjock antirock front swaybar. Anyone with weight ever try one of these?

FB_IMG_1649017582253.jpg
Sponsored

dylanj17

First Name
Dylan Jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Swapped Willys
Clubs

I have front and rears. Definitely took some getting used too On road. If you are someone that worries about tire noise or wants to keep I stock feeling ride, I wouldn’t recommend. You get a lot more body roll and a floaty boat feel at highway and driveways/speedbumps. IMO it’s worth it because I also like to get after it on harder trails. Apex came out with a sway bar disconnect that makes the pains of traditional disconnects non existent as well that you may want consider if want to keep stock feel.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Rock jock has heavier rate bars now for the JL/JT for the overlander crowd, you wont notice the body roll as much with them when fully loaded down with say a rack and roof top tent and camping gear. On a stockish vehicle they will feel more like stock maybe a bit stiffer and may limit flex without all that extra weight to force it to move. The bigger rear bar for the JT is about 35% stiffer than the stock one for reference.

OP
OP
FsT4WrD

FsT4WrD

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Rock jock has heavier rate bars now for the JL/JT for the overlander crowd, you wont notice the body roll as much with them when fully loaded down with say a rack and roof top tent and camping gear. On a stockish vehicle they will feel more like stock maybe a bit stiffer and may limit flex without all that extra weight to force it to move. The bigger rear bar for the JT is about 35% stiffer than the stock one for reference.
That's awesome to hear, thank you very much!!

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i got a set (F& R) of these to even up the disparity between the front and rear anti-sway bars on my Diesel; i don’t know what J**ps designers were thinking for my vehicle, but the stock front bar was so much stiffer than the rear that the chassis just followed the front axle so there was virtually no front articulation except in the most extreme twist cases when the rear was already flexed out.

at the time, Rock Jock was just figuring out that the diesels might want a heavier set of bars and were recommending a .850” Dia bar for them. shortly after that they came out with a 1” Dia bar and were recommending that be considered.

in typical Curry fashion they seem to figuring it out as they go, and whatever they’re doing today is the Best Thing Ever.
take a look at their page and see what they’ve got listed, then call them to see what they’ve got planned for ‘next’.

FWIW, i would plan on doing both front and rear; there’s a little bit of ‘tuneability’ on the rear.
also expect to have to fiddle with the link lengths to get them dialed in; the suggested links for my application were far too long, and i had to cut them down considerably.

No disconnects so was leaning toward a Rockjock antirock front swaybar. Anyone with weight ever try one of these?

FB_IMG_1649017582253.jpg

OP
OP
FsT4WrD

FsT4WrD

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thank you for the info, I'm really interested now because we're stripping the JL down for the wife and I just picked up a diesel Gladiator. Clayton lift going on this weekend.

20230323_211557.jpg
Sponsored