Sponsored

Antigravity LiFePo Battery - Real Life Experience?

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
Does anyone have any real life experience with the Antigravity H6/Group-48 Lithium Car Battery LiFePo batteries or similar? I'm specifically looking for reviews and opinions in reference to actual use in a Wrangler. I like the idea of a lithium battery but with its large price tag I become quite a skeptic without first hearing real world experiences.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Does anyone have any real life experience with the Antigravity H6/Group-48 Lithium Car Battery LiFePo batteries or similar? I'm specifically looking for reviews and opinions in reference to actual use in a Wrangler. I like the idea of a lithium battery but with its large price tag I become quite a skeptic without first hearing real world experiences.
If you're talking about swapping your Main and Aux batteries for LiFePo, I'm pretty sure you're going to need to replace/modify the charging system to do it. LiFePo chargers and AGM chargers use different algorithms to charge the battery properly. It's possible to charge a LiFePo battery with an AGM charger but the battery lifespan will be significantly reduced.

If you're talking about adding an additional aux battery charged with a LiFePo DC to DC charger, then no problem. It's a great option.

OutdoorGrant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I’m also looking at using an AntiGravity battery in my 2.0 etorque. I’m surprised there isn’t any first hand use on this forum.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I carry their little jump pack in my Jeep. Came in handy last year, but I wouldn’t swap the main battery to anything other than an AGM lead acid.

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have one in my Ferrari, works amazing and never have to plug in the battery tender. Ferrari V12's eat through batteries like crazy and will die even when on battery tender. I can leave the AG battery for a couple weeks without driving and it fires right up. The wireless built in jump start is awesome in case it ever dies. Not sure why you'd need it on a Jeep though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lookthermo

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
I have one in my Ferrari, works amazing and never have to plug in the battery tender. Ferrari V12's eat through batteries like crazy and will die even when on battery tender. I can leave the AG battery for a couple weeks without driving and it fires right up. The wireless built in jump start is awesome in case it ever dies. Not sure why you'd need it on a Jeep though.
I appreciate the feedback. I wouldn’t say anyone needs one in a Jeep it’s more a want.

OutdoorGrant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
While the weight savings in a sports car is nice, the longevity of Lithium is appealing for any car IMO. And if you’re overlanding, you get a lot more usable charge.

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
I eliminated my aux battery and installed the antigravity battery a little over one year ago. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I originally installed the H6-Group 48 battery but, just moved it to the Grand Cherokee and replaced it with the H7-Group 97R. The 48 worked just fine but there was room for the 97R so I did the swap.

OutdoorGrant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I eliminated my aux battery and installed the antigravity battery a little over one year ago. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I originally installed the H6-Group 48 battery but, just moved it to the Grand Cherokee and replaced it with the H7-Group 97R. The 48 worked just fine but there was room for the 97R so I did the swap.
What size (Ah) did you get? Do you run a winch or anything high current besides the starter?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Do you have cold (below freezing) experience? Short of self heating (which reduces life) , I’m not sure how to avoid that downside.

Sponsored

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
What size (Ah) did you get? Do you run a winch or anything high current besides the starter?
The 48 is a 60Ah and the 97R is 80Ah. I have a winch and have not had any problems, but haven’t used it for long extended time. That’s something I intend to test in the coming weeks.

Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
The 48 is a 60Ah and the 97R is 80Ah. I have a winch and have not had any problems, but haven’t used it for long extended time. That’s something I intend to test in the coming weeks.
Do you have a link to the 97R? When you go to antigravity’s website they do not reference 97R for a jeep

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, Tundra, Landcruiser, Bronco, CJ7
How's the Antigravity holding up in the cold? I'm thinking about buying the 80Ah Antigravity 94R battery for my Jeep Gladiator, instead of adding a second batter to run my accessories (fridge, water pump, etc.). I have the upgraded tow package which means I have a 240amp alternator. Do you have any idea if this will work? I'm guessing your JL has a 140amp alternator.
Sponsored