Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
The Jeep owners manual states below, as well as the link below. The hardtop is not designed to carry any additional loads.

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my...nual.html?year=2022&brand=Jeep&model=Wrangler

" CAUTION:
  • The hard top is not designed to carry any additional loads, such as after-market roof racks, spare tires, building materials, hunting or camping supplies, etc. "

As stated previously, our claims are based on proven fact, not speculation. It is all personal choice of what you would like to do. I appreciate your concern, but we use this product avidly, and have many customers use this product avidly. there are many options for jeeps. this is the easiest most user friendly option, avoiding drilling and bolting to your frame. Its a strong solution, its not a roll cage its a roof rack platform.

I see you're trying to disprove our facts, but the reality is we base our numbers conservatively based off our real world testing. We are real people who use this product daily and stand by our product because we personally test it.

We make a great product that many people are happy with and as you can see from the previous comments of actual users of this product they have used and love the product.
First off, I'm not disparaging and have not disparaged your product in any way. I simply questioned your specifications by first asking for what testing was completed to determine this (post #6) which you responded to without any real information or data from your testing (post #10). I then provide factual info from jeep (post #36), followed by calling out your interpretation of their wording (post #42). Was the last post necessary? Maybe not, but I believe it's important to be factually accurate when discussing such things as capacities and capabilities.

If that insulted you somehow or made you believe I was trying to disprove your facts, then I sincerely apologize. But I would love to hear the facts of your testing.
Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Don’t understand why you’re beefing with this guy. People use the product, and are happy with it. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
See my most recent post (multi-quote not working for some reason).

I'm not "beefing" and am happy for the people who are happy with this product. In fact, I was interested in it originally myself. But with my tent, me, wife, dog, we are pushing 600lbs. Factual data to support dubious claims is important when testing the extremes.

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Our @Antidote Outdoors rack held up well to the week long road trip we just took with it, mostly desert (including 90 miles (!) of washboard through the Saline Valley, bumpy and Panamint Valley trails, both in Death Valley National Park) and higher altitudes (8,000 plus) in the Sequoia National Forest.
Towards the end of our trip we were amused to see that we had driven so much washboard that both license plates were left with only one screw each holding them in place. The rack was just fine, just needed to tighten up the bolts that attach it to the rain gutter (I added Loctite when we got home).

Btw, I attached the Rotopax using their mounts and some T-Bolts that fit the rack, the Maxtrax strap were temporary while we waited for a more permanent mount solution.

Great service too I ordered mine direct and they dropped it off in person the next day.
Helps t0 be in LA of course.

As a side note, we’ve had a Hi-Lift Jack mounted internaly on the roll bars but damn, we just haven’t been able to dampen the sound of it’s rattling and this trip was too much, so it’s most likely going to be retired.

IMG_6410.jpeg

IMG_6409.jpeg

IMG_6411.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6416.jpeg

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Our @Antidote Outdoors rack held up well to the week long road trip we just took with it, mostly desert (including 90 miles (!) of washboard through the Saline Valley, bumpy and Panamint Valley trails, both in Death Valley National Park) and higher altitudes (8,000 plus) in the Sequoia National Forest.
Towards the end of our trip we were amused to see that we had driven so much washboard that both license plates were left with only one screw each holding them in place. The rack was just fine, just needed to tighten up the bolts that attach it to the rain gutter (I added Loctite when we got home).

Btw, I attached the Rotopax using their mounts and some T-Bolts that fit the rack, the Maxtrax strap were temporary while we waited for a more permanent mount solution.

Great service too I ordered mine direct and they dropped it off in person the next day.
Helps t0 be in LA of course.

As a side note, we’ve had a Hi-Lift Jack mounted internaly on the roll bars but damn, we just haven’t been able to dampen the sound of it’s rattling and this trip was too much, so it’s most likely going to be retired.

Jeep Wrangler JL Antidote Outdoors Wrangler Roof Platform Rack JK JL Gladiator IMG_6416

Jeep Wrangler JL Antidote Outdoors Wrangler Roof Platform Rack JK JL Gladiator IMG_6416

That's awesome to hear! A little Loctite is always a good idea, Glad to hear you got everything mounted. We have Square nuts for mounting on top and side of the rack if needed. Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
I used Loctite when assembling the rack but left it off the gutter mounts until everything was dialed in.
Square nuts? Yes, I could do with some of them for future additions (smile).

- proving to be a pain finding working Maxtrax mounts btw, but I'll get there.

Sponsored

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU (Sold), 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Very interested in this for being able to strap down ground tent and bags while the dog and kids occupy the interior. More of a question for the TopLift people, but anyone have one and know if the top removal jack can/will handle the extra weight? Key reason I haven’t done any platform yet was if I’d have to take it off all the time and store it to go topless

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
Anyone installed this on a sky one touch? Just want it for highway travel with some cargo on top. Won’t be using the top while in transit. Also how easy is it to remove and install?

Schmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2022 JLUXR
Looking to add some storage to the top. Are these compatible with Frontrunner rack accessories?

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
@Antidote Outdoors in theory, if I wanted to shorten the length of the rack by a few inches, is there anything on the ends of the side rails that would prevent me from being able to properly assemble the rack if I cut a few inches off?

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
@Antidote Outdoors, you still around? Some of us have some questions we were hoping to get some answers on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
@Antidote Outdoors in theory, if I wanted to shorten the length of the rack by a few inches, is there anything on the ends of the side rails that would prevent me from being able to properly assemble the rack if I cut a few inches off?
We would not recommend cutting the rack to re-fit it for the integrity of the product. It is just one extrusion a straight cut will work but we do not recommend it.

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
As far as the sky one touch, we cant say for sure because we don't have a sky one touch here. We can tell you that the standard clearance brackets are 3in and we have a high clearance of 5in.

Removing the rack is easy, its as simple as unbolting the gutter brackets and removing it.

As for the rust, there was some surface rust on the laser etched logo, anyone that has that issue is welcome to send them in and we can service them.

There are many brands that see our product and try and make a copy of it. There is nothing that we can do about that but we are a reputable business that is here to service the community. We make the product correctly and it works great, knockoffs on amazon may look the same but may not function the same. If you have an issue we are here for support, we have reviews, and YouTube videos because we personally use them. You may find a lower priced knockoff on amazon that looks the same but may not function the same or have all of the same parts and quality that you get with an Antidote Outdoors product.

Jeremynolan94

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys Sport 6spd, 1973 Volvo 1800ES
I'm looking at ordering a short rack from Antidote as they are located near my home. Anyone have photos of them on a 2dr JL? Also, are the gutter rail clamps fixed in place or can they be moved forward/backwards to better distribute weight across the rails? I would think that between the gutter mounts and the DeeZee rubber feet mentioned elsewhere would do a pretty good job of spreading the weight out across the roof.
Sponsored