Sponsored

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This is the first I've heard of this brand of roof rack. I'm impressed by your weight load claims for a rack that is mounted to the drip gutters.

How long will this promo run through out of curiosity?
Im very skeptical about the load claim. No matter what brand, they are still on the rain gutter. It is impossible to hold 600 lbs. I didn’t not see any direct clarification, but I feel their load rating is measured while the rack is on the ground.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Agree....especially since every picture I've seen of this rack are with nothing loaded.

Also, see this on their site: " Disclaimer: Manufacturers of Jeep do not recommend putting anything on the roof of your Jeep "

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Im very skeptical about the load claim. No matter what brand, they are still on the rain gutter. It is impossible to hold 600 lbs. I didn’t not see any direct clarification, but I feel their load rating is measure while the rack is on the ground.
The rating we give is the racks capability not the roof, since we don't make the roof we cant give a roof rating. We can tell you that we do sell roof top tents as well and avidly use these racks with the roof top tents and have no issues. yes of course Jeep does not recommend mounting anything to the drip rails, yet they do make roof racks that mount to the drip rails. I can't tell you what will or will not happen to your jeep, but I can tell you we have sold many of these to people with roof top tents (which generally is heavy weight) and have not had anyone with issues yet.

clam 2.1.JPG

clam1.1.JPG

clam3.1.JPG

clam5.1.JPG

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Agree....especially since every picture I've seen of this rack are with nothing loaded.

Also, see this on their site: " Disclaimer: Manufacturers of Jeep do not recommend putting anything on the roof of your Jeep "
correct, Jeep does not recommend putting anything on the roof, yet they do sell roof racks that mount to the drip rails as these do. Jeeps are limited on internal space and many people do want to mount things to the roof, we make a solution that has helped many people make their jeep more capable. Its up to you if you want to mount things to your drip rails or roof. Some brands also make exoskeletons and others make racks that require drilling into your roof. This product is just another solution in the spectrum of parts you can add to your jeep.

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
>The rating we give is the racks capability not the roof, since we don't make the roof we cant give a roof rating.

This makes more confusion to me.. if your rating is the rack capability, not the roof.. where do you put your rack? People buying your rack will use them on the roof, not on the concrete floor. Let's say if the jeep roof rating has 100lbs, and you claim that your rack has 600lbs, does it even make any sense?

The rating we give is the racks capability not the roof, since we don't make the roof we cant give a roof rating. We can tell you that we do sell roof top tents as well and avidly use these racks with the roof top tents and have no issues. yes of course Jeep does not recommend mounting anything to the drip rails, yet they do make roof racks that mount to the drip rails. I can't tell you what will or will not happen to your jeep, but I can tell you we have sold many of these to people with roof top tents (which generally is heavy weight) and have not had anyone with issues yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL Antidote Outdoors Wrangler Roof Platform Rack JK JL Gladiator clam5.1.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Antidote Outdoors Wrangler Roof Platform Rack JK JL Gladiator clam5.1.JPG

Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
>The rating we give is the racks capability not the roof, since we don't make the roof we cant give a roof rating.

This makes more confusion to me.. if your rating is the rack capability, not the roof.. where do you put your rack? People buying your rack will use them on the roof, not on the concrete floor. Let's say if the jeep roof rating has 100lbs, and you claim that your rack has 600lbs, does it even make any sense?

I believe the Jeep roof rating for their the cargo cross bars is 100lbs, including the bars, evenly distributed across the roof.

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I believe the Jeep roof rating for their the cargo cross bars is 100lbs, including the bars, evenly distributed across the roof.
Right. I really don't know what the point is to advertise 600lbs of load rating, except letting people mistakenly infer that they can put 600lbs of cargo on top.

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

Jeep does not recommend mounting anything to your roof. If we give you a load rating of the roof of your jeep, we would be doing the exact opposite of what jeeps recommendations.
If you decide you want to mount something to your roof that choice is yours. We sell a rack that we avidly use and put over 600lbs of static weight on it and not had any issues. We have sold many of these and have had nothing but happy customers and employees here at Antidote that use it on a daily basis. Its extremely versatile, requires no drilling, easy to install and we are always coming out with new attachments and accessories for it as well.

If you would rather drill through your roof go ahead.

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
correct jeeps crossbars have a load rating but they still don't recommend mounting anything to the roof.

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Right. I really don't know what the point is to advertise 600lbs of load rating, except letting people mistakenly infer that they can put 600lbs of cargo on top.
There is a difference between static and dynamic weight. You should not be driving with 600lbs of cargo on your roof. When parked it can hold 600lbs safely.

Sponsored

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Self-employed
Our smittybilt Overlander XL did fine up top along with holding us 4 up to sleep at night. Now, our tent is already off and it’s not on permanently. And I plan to make a trailer for it soon enough. But this rack did everything we needed and wanted.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
There is a difference between static and dynamic weight. You should not be driving with 600lbs of cargo on your roof. When parked it can hold 600lbs safely.
I don’t believe you are interpreting the information provided by Jeep correctly.

Per Jeep owner’s manual, the only solution to mount things to the roof is the Jeep supplied Mopar cross bars - which mount to the rain gutters. They have a stated weight limit, including the weight of the bars themselves, of 100lbs when evenly distributed. The Jeep owners manual is referring to the max capacity of the gutters, not the bars.

The above info is referring to the static (parked) weight capacity of the drip rails.

I would avoid making claims your system can support 600lbs. The internet will destroy your business when it doesn’t.

OP
OP
Antidote Outdoors

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I don’t believe you are interpreting the information provided by Jeep correctly.

Per Jeep owner’s manual, the only solution to mount things to the roof is the Jeep supplied Mopar cross bars - which mount to the rain gutters. They have a stated weight limit, including the weight of the bars themselves, of 100lbs when evenly distributed. The Jeep owners manual is referring to the max capacity of the gutters, not the bars.

The above info is referring to the static (parked) weight capacity of the drip rails.

I would avoid making claims your system can support 600lbs. The internet will destroy your business when it doesn’t.

The Jeep owners manual states below, as well as the link below. The hardtop is not designed to carry any additional loads.

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my...nual.html?year=2022&brand=Jeep&model=Wrangler

" CAUTION:
  • The hard top is not designed to carry any additional loads, such as after-market roof racks, spare tires, building materials, hunting or camping supplies, etc. "

As stated previously, our claims are based on proven fact, not speculation. It is all personal choice of what you would like to do. I appreciate your concern, but we use this product avidly, and have many customers use this product avidly. there are many options for jeeps. this is the easiest most user friendly option, avoiding drilling and bolting to your frame. Its a strong solution, its not a roll cage its a roof rack platform.

I see you're trying to disprove our facts, but the reality is we base our numbers conservatively based off our real world testing. We are real people who use this product daily and stand by our product because we personally test it.

We make a great product that many people are happy with and as you can see from the previous comments of actual users of this product they have used and love the product.

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Don’t understand why you’re beefing with this guy. People use the product, and are happy with it. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

I was thinking the same this morning when reading all this. I personally have one, it's cool, customer service was flawless. My only thing I don't like how loud it is BUT it does the job. I've had the Maximus-3 on my 2 door which I also loved. Just not ready to drill into my hardtop again. I will one day but right now this is a good alternative.
Sponsored