Sponsored

Antidote Outdoors Roof Rack/Platform - Any Experience?

Schmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2022 JLUXR
I was just on Rhino Rack's website looking for rack accessories thinking they should work on this platform. Hooo boy the prices! $200 for a recovery track bracket that is basically two pieces of metal and four bolts with knobs on the end.

I'm going to have to learn how to fabricate parts :CWL:
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Are there any supports for the middle of the rack? Looks like all the weight would be transferred to the gutters if you tried anything heavy on there.

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Self-employed
Are there any supports for the middle of the rack? Looks like all the weight would be transferred to the gutters if you tried anything heavy on there.
There are no supports for the middle. The company states it supports 600lbs.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
There are no supports for the middle. The company states it supports 600lbs.
Interesting. Exposed Racks is roughly the same rating, but has supports in the middle spanning the hardtop to distribute the weight. Not sure I’d put a RTT and wanna sleep up there with no middle supports.

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
Interesting. Exposed Racks is roughly the same rating, but has supports in the middle spanning the hardtop to distribute the weight. Not sure I’d put a RTT and wanna sleep up there with no middle supports.
Yea, it’s probably not for everyone. Once I install the RTT I’ll let ya know how it goes. I’d be concerned about weight pushing on the hardtop.

Sponsored

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
Inching to 55mph brings on a very bad drone. So much so that my wife looked at me and said “did you get a damn muffler?! You better not have!”

I told her no, but I can if she hates the drone the rack brings🤪

Schmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2022 JLUXR
Mine was delivered on Saturday but I was out of town. Install won't happen until this weekend.

Also got an LED light strip for the back glass for lighting up camp when up. All this will keep me out of trouble for a few days.

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Inching to 55mph brings on a very bad drone. So much so that my wife looked at me and said “did you get a damn muffler?! You better not have!”

I told her no, but I can if she hates the drone the rack brings🤪
This was the product I used on the rack I built myself. I have assembled the Antidote rack but haven’t installed this just yet...

https://zroadz.com/i-23910178-noise...t-single-row-led-light-bar-part-z330051s.html

Another thing I did was wrap thin para-cord on the front of the rack. I forget the technical term but it is supposed to help cut down the wind noise as well.

Also, when I built my own rack I called Deezee and ordered the feet that they used with their rack. I will take a photo soon and paste here. The feet worked great with my rack and I plan on transferring them to the Antidote rack.

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
H
This was the product I used on the rack I built myself. I have assembled the Antidote rack but haven’t installed this just yet...

https://zroadz.com/i-23910178-noise...t-single-row-led-light-bar-part-z330051s.html

Another thing I did was wrap thin para-cord on the front of the rack. I forget the technical term but it is supposed to help cut down the wind noise as well.

Also, when I built my own rack I called Deezee and ordered the feet that they used with their rack. I will take a photo soon and paste here. The feet worked great with my rack and I plan on transferring them to the Antidote rack.
How did the wind reducer work for you? I’m definitely considering a failing of some sorts

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
What did you have to drill? It said "No drilling is needed".

Sponsored

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
What did you have to drill? It said "No drilling is needed".
The corner support brackets needed 2 holes each drilled into the rack itself. I didn’t understand why they weren’t already drilled.. but 8 holes total in the rack itself, so still no drilling into the hardtop
They described it as “needs to be “perforated”....

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I would describe this as an unfinished kit lol

Schmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2022 JLUXR
Just watched the Antidote install video and they mention the corner supports there. They aren't pre-drilled because they are optional but add more rigidity to the rack.

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed