Sponsored

Antidote Outdoors Roof Rack/Platform - Any Experience?

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Self-employed
It did come with the rubber gaskets, but its actually up the side of each bracket (and the upward part of the rain gutter) that the contact occurs.. ill try and take a picture tonight and add to the thread... maybe the longer bolts will alleviate that contact spot...
Mine rubs/pinches as well. My jeeps black so at the moment I’m not caring. Once I take the rack off I’ll then freak lol
Sponsored

bears4xe

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Antidote Outdoors Roof Rack/Platform - Any Experience? 2064999C-F112-4161-9AE0-CE5DF2CDEEBA

what I did to avoid that was adding some PPF and some edge trim rubber in the corners. So far no signs of scratching.

Last edited:

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
So I was finally putting mine together yesterday and getting a better look at it. Then today i was looking at the FB market place and saw someone selling the exact same rack but it wasn’t with Antidote branding and they posted a pic of the Amazon link for it and it was under $500. so guessing these are all Chinese racks and companies are just changing the branding. This onewas is under $500 amd with free shipping and comes with the rails as well. Look closely though because it’s definetly the same rack as the antidote.

Heavy Duty Hard Top Cargo Basket Roof Rack for 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Jeep Wrangler 2 dr 4dr SUV Cargo Carrier Rack Basket https://a.co/d/gmLEWXa
So is it confirmed that these are in fact the same racks?

had it on for a month now and the brackets are already starting to show rust.

Jeep Wrangler JL Antidote Outdoors Roof Rack/Platform - Any Experience? 2064999C-F112-4161-9AE0-CE5DF2CDEEBA

Ditto on that. Although just one for me. I’m sure the others are coming
How are your guys' racks looking now that it's months later? Has the rust gotten worse? Has anyone lese with this rack encountered the same rust issue? If so, did anyone contact Antidote Outdoors about it and get a response/resolution?

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Self-employed

How are your guys' racks looking now that it's months later? Has the rust gotten worse? Has anyone lese with this rack encountered the same rust issue? If so, did anyone contact Antidote Outdoors about it and get a response/resolution?
Mine hasn’t gotten worse, also it’s always parked under the carport so it’s never just sitting in rain.
I wouldn’t expect much resolution, I don’t think they’ve been back on here since the other member noticed same rack on Amazon.
Also, the bars are not the same separation as Front Runnet or Rhino so hard to find accessories.

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
Mine hasn’t gotten worse, also it’s always parked under the carport so it’s never just sitting in rain.
I wouldn’t expect much resolution, I don’t think they’ve been back on here since the other member noticed same rack on Amazon.
Also, the bars are not the same separation as Front Runnet or Rhino so hard to find accessories.
I see. That’s a bit concerning about their absence since that was mentioned. Question for you: if you had to do it again, would you buy this rack or something else? I keep going between this one and the one from Rival. I was considering the one from Bestop but it looks a good bit wider than the roof itself, which I don’t like the look of, plus it looks taller to me and need to be able to fit into the 7’ garage.

Sponsored

liquified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I see. That’s a bit concerning about their absence since that was mentioned. Question for you: if you had to do it again, would you buy this rack or something else? I keep going between this one and the one from Rival. I was considering the one from Bestop but it looks a good bit wider than the roof itself, which I don’t like the look of, plus it looks taller to me and need to be able to fit into the 7’ garage.
My rust has not gotten worse. I'm happy with the rack overall. Used it several times for our beach trips and loading a decent amount of stuff on top. Those brackets could be sprayed so they dont rust. That being said I would def save money and go with the rack on Amazon. It's definitely the same rack with extra rails and free shipping. antidote charges $100 shipping.

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
My rust has not gotten worse. I'm happy with the rack overall. Used it several times for our beach trips and loading a decent amount of stuff on top. Those brackets could be sprayed so they dont rust. That being said I would def save money and go with the rack on Amazon. It's definitely the same rack with extra rails and free shipping. antidote charges $100 shipping.
Thanks for the update. So if you had it to do over again you'd purchase the same rack again, regardless of from who, or would you buy something different?

liquified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Thanks for the update. So if you had it to do over again you'd purchase the same rack again, regardless of from who, or would you buy something different?
I'd buy it again. I really like the low profile of it and I get zero wind noise out of it with wind diffuser. Only downside was the rust on the brackets and having to get get 4 longer bolts but that was an easy fix. Keep in mind, mine is on a JKU and not a JLU so the mounts are a little different for me. In the rear mine connects to the rear window brackets

Antidote Outdoors

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.antidoteoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

surface rust can happen on the laser etched logo, send it in, we will service it or replace it.

liquified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
First, I love this rack. It is incredibly stout. I repurposed my wind diffuser (2nd photo) from my other rack then headed out on the highway. Got up to 75 mph and zero high-pitched whine from any wind noise. I also installed the four feet I purchased from Deezee (3rd photo). They twist down and rest on the rooftop.

Do you happen to have the link to those feet? I got off the highway last night and out of nowhere from running the rack for 6 months I started getting vibration noise. Everything is still on tight and wind diffuser has not moved at all. When I slap the rack I can tell the vibration noise is coming from the crossbars. Really strange but I bet the feet will fix it.

Sponsored

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Do you happen to have the link to those feet? I got off the highway last night and out of nowhere from running the rack for 6 months I started getting vibration noise. Everything is still on tight and wind diffuser has not moved at all. When I slap the rack I can tell the vibration noise is coming from the crossbars. Really strange but I bet the feet will fix it.
Hi. Let me get back with you. I will look up exactly what they were. I’m installing a rear bumper delete right now and will let you know asap.

Jeremynolan94

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys Sport 6spd, 1973 Volvo 1800ES
First, I love this rack. It is incredibly stout. I repurposed my wind diffuser (2nd photo) from my other rack then headed out on the highway. Got up to 75 mph and zero high-pitched whine from any wind noise. I also installed the four feet I purchased from Deezee (3rd photo). They twist down and rest on the roofto

Any chance you've got the link to those rubber feet from Deezee? I haven't been able to locate them and just purchased this rack. I'd love the added support they provide.

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Any chance you've got the link to those rubber feet from Deezee? I haven't been able to locate them and just purchased this rack. I'd love the added support they provide.
Sorry, forgot to get back to you. What I did was call Dee Zee customer service and said I wanted to order some replacement parts for their rack. It was something like $50 but they sent the four feet and a bunch of screws and some other hardware. Now, I believe another forum member called and tried the same thing but was unsuccessful. Definitely give them a call.
Sponsored