Sponsored

Antidote Outdoors Roof Rack/Platform - Any Experience?

nathanaboyd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Stumbled across these guys today:
(https://www.antidoteoutdoors.com/product-page/jeep-wrangler-roof-rack)

Since I am not physically capable of drilling holes in my brand new hardtop I was wondering if there is anyone with any experience…
not finding much of anything on the interwebs from a review perspective….
Love that its light, no drilling, not JUST crossbars, and claims significant static/dynamic load weights…

(not that I would ever put much up there… Thule Sky Box, ski/snowboArd rack, a bike rack or two, but no RTT plans…. Just some additional storage space….

Hive mind… bring me the data! ;)
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Looks like a great setup actually. If I were not already running Exposed Racks and had heard some good feedback... I'd consider that setup. Only thing concerning to me (not relevant to you it seems) is the static weight limit of the shorter rack. I see no reason it wouldn't work just fine.

OP
OP
nathanaboyd

nathanaboyd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a great setup actually. If I were not already running Exposed Racks and had heard some good feedback... I'd consider that setup. Only thing concerning to me (not relevant to you it seems) is the static weight limit of the shorter rack. I see no reason it wouldn't work just fine.
@jackathorne, what do you see as an issue with a 600lb static weight?
Interested…

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Sorry... I meant dynamic on the short rack of 175 lb. My RTT weights 147 lb is all. Still under, but don't think that would have stopped me from buying this.

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Smaller company in Placentia CA. Bought a RTT condo from them over a year ago. Mount it on a DeeZee roof rack. So far the tent has been awesome and them were pretty nice guys. Would have definitely considered the rack if I never purchased mine already. Really interested on someone's review of the rack as well.

Sponsored

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Self-employed
Stumbled across these guys today:
(https://www.antidoteoutdoors.com/product-page/jeep-wrangler-roof-rack)

Since I am not physically capable of drilling holes in my brand new hardtop I was wondering if there is anyone with any experience…
not finding much of anything on the interwebs from a review perspective….
Love that its light, no drilling, not JUST crossbars, and claims significant static/dynamic load weights…

(not that I would ever put much up there… Thule Sky Box, ski/snowboArd rack, a bike rack or two, but no RTT plans…. Just some additional storage space….

Hive mind… bring me the data! ;)
that’s a promising rack, thanks for sharing. Seriously considering it. The weights are good as well. If you go with it do share a review

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
I pulled the trigger on the half rack just now. I was scrolling craigslist and they posted a promo code taxeshalfracks and it took $149 off its price. Apparently that works for the full rack as well. Once it arrives and installed I’ll give you my thoughts

OP
OP
nathanaboyd

nathanaboyd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ZCashio for the discount code win!! guess ill order my half rack now too!! My JLUR is still on order, so no install info for a while.. but ill take 150 off any day!!

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
Received an email right away about my order, but have yet to receive an email that the product shipped.

Sponsored

Schmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2022 JLUXR
So close to buying this. Decent price with the promo code and I feel like it would suit my needs. Looks clean too with minimal branding.

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
With shipping (to Ohio) and taxes total for me came out to $807.50 for the half rack (using the discount). Even though I have a roof rack that I built this one will for sure be lighter than mine.

I can cannibalize my current rack and repurpose the 80/20 pieces on my off-road trailer. I had purchased a front wind diffuser from ZroadZ and I will reuse that as well.

Edit: I have to stop visiting this forum. My wallet gets lighter and lighter.

Schmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2022 JLUXR
Lighter wallet myself. The more I looked at it the more I decided it would suit my needs perfectly. Easy mounting of accessories and enough storage roof box and recovery boards.

Same price for me shipped to Virginia.

ZCashio

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-employed
Mine just arrived! No email saying it was even shipped!!
Sponsored