Anti-spin differential, AKA LSD, worked well in snow/ice

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
First snow/ice conditions driving my LSD equipped Jeep this morning and I'm pleased to report that it worked as expected. The reason I opted for it when ordering was knowing I would be driving a RWD vehicle on days like this where I would benefit from some added traction but not neccesarily need to pull the lever for 4H. I have read a lot of dissenting opinions on the value and functionality of the LSD and frankly was concerned that I had unwisely blown 595 bucks on it. After this morning, I can say that for me anyway, it was money well spent.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
That's good to know. My Poverty Build™ has just the Brake Lock Differential feature. As it concerns our annual ice and snow, which hasn't arrived yet, I've hedged my bet by recently adding studded Arctic LT radials. I'm looking forward to field testing them, in conjunction with the BLD, in a manner similar to what you've done. 👍

It was on this very drive, last February, when I decided that all-season tires...aren't.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anti-spin differential, AKA LSD, worked well in snow/ice February

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
Does a Rubicon have BLD as well as the E lockers?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, LSD is AWESOME in snow —and on ice...with caution, of course.

The LSD engages instantly and seamlessly, and works 24/7... in 2WD, in 4Auto, in 4Hi and in 4Lo.

This was my main reason for choosing a Sahara over a Rubicon. And I agree: it is a steal for $600

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LSD on mine and after 82000+ km it still running awesome, granted I have changed my oil in it at 10k so maybe thats why mine has lasted but in the snow with my 285/75 Toyo AT III it is impressive, if you do slip, you just let the throttle off a bit and it gets back in line right away, couldn't be happier myself with the LSD.
Sponsored