Antenna size and mounts

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I installed my antenna on the passenger side crawl mount. the 2.2 dbi antenna also sticks out few CM as the tallest point of my Jeep, perfect for measuring those pesky carpark entrances! And for the head-unit, i installed it under the steering wheel column, i was surprised to find a "Perfect Match" space there to hide it.

The head unit also got a speaker, which is very handy to distribute the sound around the cabin.

Jeep Wrangler JL Antenna size and mounts 4

Jeep Wrangler JL Antenna size and mounts 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Antenna size and mounts 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Antenna size and mounts 2
Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I mounted the actual CB unit under the passenger seat and the hand held radio part as posted above.

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Thanks for the visuals guys. I'm liking the idea of mounting it under the seat for sound distribution

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Thanks for the visuals guys. I'm liking the idea of mounting it under the seat for sound distribution
the gme xrs units have speakers in the main unit and the hand held device so you can get sound from both at the same time.

Sponsored

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I installed my antenna on the passenger side crawl mount. the 2.2 dbi antenna also sticks out few CM as the tallest point of my Jeep, perfect for measuring those pesky carpark entrances! And for the head-unit, i installed it under the steering wheel column, i was surprised to find a "Perfect Match" space there to hide it.

The head unit also got a speaker, which is very handy to distribute the sound around the cabin.

Jeep Wrangler JL Antenna size and mounts IMG_0335.JPG
got a link to that mount? I'm not getting the best range mounted on the bar so want to move the antenna.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
got a link to that mount? I'm not getting the best range mounted on the bar so want to move the antenna.
Have you tried adding an earth wire between bonnet and firewall? The bonnet is not earthed well through the hinges.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
I have found the aux wires..
I tried to see your surprising spot..didn’t see it...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have found the aux wires..
I tried to see your surprising spot..didn’t see it...
The location for the unit could be hard to find, you have to remove the plastic cover under the steering wheel and then get on your elbow and knee...you will eventually find it, its the best hidden location and completely out of sight while being just in front of you at all time (for speaker sound). I had it installed - zip-ties for almost a year, no drama so far.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Finally, installed the CB. Use Alamein’s spot. But used 3M instead of zip ties. I found there is a square metal box..

could I ask anyone has the rebooting issue?
I found out it’s rebooting randomly...what can cause this?

AussieMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland 2019
Finally, installed the CB. Use Alamein’s spot. But used 3M instead of zip ties. I found there is a square metal box..

could I ask anyone has the rebooting issue?
I found out it’s rebooting randomly...what can cause this?
That sounds like an intermittent power issue, probably wiring related... maybe check all your connections for earthing/ground and power?

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
That sounds like an intermittent power issue, probably wiring related... maybe check all your connections for earthing/ground and power?
Thanks.
The positive is wiring to AUX3 in the cabin. Last night I tried to shake it hard by using my hand with CB power on. It looks solid, no rebooting issue?
Negative is wiring to a bolt I found on the door side..this is holding up much more stable.

is it possible I chose the wrong ground point?

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Thanks.
The positive is wiring to AUX3 in the cabin. Last night I tried to shake it hard by using my hand with CB power on. It looks solid, no rebooting issue?
Negative is wiring to a bolt I found on the door side..this is holding up much more stable.

is it possible I chose the wrong ground point?
The earthing point is just as important as the 12V source. It is very possible this was the cause of your problem. Be careful of using any random bolt. If they have paint underneath, they wont give you a reliable earth.
Sponsored