Sponsored

Antenna Removal for Automatic Car Wash

Cpt_Caveman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Hey everyone, stupid question here but does anyone remove the antenna before going through an automatic car wash, or do you just leave it? Don’t want to risk messing anything up
Thanks!
Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Hey everyone, stupid question here but does anyone remove the antenna before going through an automatic car wash, or do you just leave it? Don’t want to risk messing anything up
Thanks!
I went to Lowes and bought a shorty wrench to keep in my armrest. It's so easy I take mine off.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Thanks!
I just use the regular wash bay and spray the inspected wash brush off thoroughly. Before brush washing, I pre wash with the wand really well first to get the big stuff off. Seems gentle enough here. In between those thorough washes I use touchless so I keep the stock antenna in place. Great reception that might be handy in the boonies.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks!
If the car wash isn’t touch-less or hand wash, I won’t use it.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I would remove mine, as it gets beat up pretty bad in the washes. I have replaced it with a short antenna and leave it on and have no problems.
Sponsored