Sponsored

Antenna (questions)

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
So that stock antenna has GOT. TO. GO. I'm looking to buy a shorter black stubby, but is there anything I need to know? Is it just AM/FM? Does anything else run through it? I imagine it's just a simple radio antenna, but before I spend the money...

Also, it looks like they cost about $40 CAD on Amazon (is this a standard price?), but there are a few different styles. Whats your favourite? Also, am I wrong to assume that it's as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing the new one back on?
Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Before you trash the stock antenna it is designed to work as a height gauge when passing under low tree branches or going into a parking garage. If the antenna touches you may be at risk of hitting and damaging your your top.

(Don’t ask me how I know. LOL :) )

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Before you trash the stock antenna it is designed to work as a height gauge when passing under low tree branches or going into a parking garage. If the antenna touches you may be at risk of hitting and damaging your your top.

(Don’t ask me how I know. LOL :) )
Bestop Sunrider. ;) (I'm only half kidding, but thanks for the heads up!)

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So that stock antenna has GOT. TO. GO. I'm looking to buy a shorter black stubby, but is there anything I need to know? Is it just AM/FM? Does anything else run through it? I imagine it's just a simple radio antenna, but before I spend the money...

Also, it looks like they cost about $40 CAD on Amazon (is this a standard price?), but there are a few different styles. Whats your favourite? Also, am I wrong to assume that it's as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing the new one back on?
I have the antenna x it’s the 13” one I believe. Was $25 CAD on Amazon this past summer. Reception is as good as was with stock one

hope that helps :like:

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I have the antenna x it’s the 13” one I believe. Was $25 CAD on Amazon this past summer. Reception is as good as was with stock one

hope that helps :like:
It does help, but the only antennax I can find is $45 and says only for JK. Was it on sale?

Sponsored

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I did a video on the antenna. I really like the upgrade myself, but from what I have heard, it will lower your reception if you live out in the country. If you live in the city it should be fine.

Its only $20 US and looks much better.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads