multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Those wannabes must be getting delivered. I was surrounded yesterday, in front, behind, from the right, and coming towards me. 3 more on the way home from an 8 mile errand. More Bronco’s than Wranglers, almost suddenly gone from rare to common. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah I’m definitely seeing more of them…. Ford’s finally catching up to the demand that should have been filled within a few months of release.

I’ve been saying it since 2019: this thing is eventually going to go the way of the FJ Cruiser, 90’s Bronco, XTerra, H2/H3, Samurai, the real Jimmy / Blazer, etc.

It’s almost like this particular market corner isn’t big enough to support multiple models. The classic that defines the market niche (Wrangler) is the only one with the recognizability, reputation, aftermarket, and cache to survive.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yeah I’m definitely seeing more of them…. Ford’s finally catching up to the demand that should have been filled within a few months of release.

I’ve been saying it since 2019: this thing is eventually going to go the way of the FJ Cruiser, 90’s Bronco, XTerra, H2/H3, Samurai, the real Jimmy / Blazer, etc.

It’s almost like this particular market corner isn’t big enough to support multiple models. The classic that defines the market niche (Wrangler) is the only one with the recognizability, reputation, aftermarket, and cache to survive.
Lower to at least 89, a 9mpg POS I regretted buying almost immediately. The only “real” Bronco’s are 1’st gen, a 69 I regret was sold. Much more accurate than the only “real” Jeeps are CJ’s. Agree otherwise!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Lower to at least 89, a 9mpg POS I regretted buying almost immediately. The only “real” Bronco’s are 1’st gen, a 69 I regret was sold. Much more accurate than the only “real” Jeeps are CJ’s. Agree otherwise!
Oh I wasn’t commenting on what constitutes a “real” Bronco or whatever- I know they changed drastically over the decades. I was just listing SUVs that got dropped by their manufacturers.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I wasn’t commenting on what constitutes a “real” Bronco or whatever- I know they changed drastically over the decades. I was just listing SUVs that got dropped by their manufacturers.
Didn’t mean it to sound that way, the “real” comments were mine. The 69 has (the buyer also has his father’s half cab) a built 302 with all HP Ford parts, C4 swap, LSD’s, lift, OMG— see Classic Car auctions, and Billy has two. 😊

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was bitten by a rattle snake in 1983 twice on the left hand and still have permanent scars from it. Spent 27 days in hospital. Good times…

764B824C-4B14-4900-A06A-6DCB8A1F9475.jpeg

5AB0B64F-021F-4F4C-88F8-BA0EB715416B.jpeg
The father in law was snake bit about 10 years ago, foothill Ca community with lots of rattlesnakes. Rushed to the small local hospital that had ONE DOSE of anti venom. Got his first helicopter ride to save his life. Rattlesnake country hospital had One Dose!!! What The F*<k!

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
The father in law was snake bit about 10 years ago, foothill Ca community with lots of rattlesnakes. Rushed to the small local hospital that had ONE DOSE of anti venom. Got his first helicopter ride to save his life. Rattlesnake country hospital had One Dose!!! What The F*<k!
Yeah that’s crazy.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Hey I loved my FJ Cruiser - that I traded in for my first Jeep JLU 🤣 By the way Devil Dog, they haven’t been discontinued by the manufacturer; they just don’t sell them in the US now.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The father in law was snake bit about 10 years ago, foothill Ca community with lots of rattlesnakes. Rushed to the small local hospital that had ONE DOSE of anti venom. Got his first helicopter ride to save his life.

Rattlesnake country hospital had One Dose!!!
Herp fan here.

It's helpful to understand the not-insubstantial investment of time and expense required to fabricate each individual dose of antivenin, and its eventual deployment:

Specimen collection
Correctly IDing the species
Obtaining venom ("milking") from a healthy animal and in sufficient quantity
Examination for purity
Freeze-drying and other required lab processes
Final packaging
Delivery
Safe storage via the correct refrigeration
Monitoring for shelf life
Having staff qualified to administer the correct dosage of the correct antivenin
Managing complications if the patient is allergic to the treatment
Using only the antivenin compatible with the injected venom
(Identifying the offending reptile accurately is vital before the first injection occurs)
Knowing when to suspend treatment; as too much medicine can also cause injury
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

It's quite easy to envision a small facility in a foothill community not having the budget and/or infrastructure to amass the professional staff or the inventory of antivenin required to please everyone who is rolled through the ER doors. This is doubly true if those constraints affect a facility in a locale where venomous snakebites are common, which would place additional demands on the facility's modest resources.

Have a look at the VenomER episodes on YouTube. Its intensity is pretty instructive, and it illustrates just the back end of things, after the injury has occurred.

-----------------------

No, there's not a single syllable regarding the Bronco in my post, but this isn't a Bronco forum, despite the efforts of some to give it that color. ;)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Herp fan here.

It's helpful to understand the not-insubstantial investment of time and expense required to fabricate each individual dose of antivenin, and its eventual deployment:

Specimen collection
Correctly IDing the species
Obtaining venom ("milking") from a healthy animal and in sufficient quantity
Examination for purity
Freeze-drying and other required lab processes
Final packaging
Delivery
Safe storage via the correct refrigeration
Monitoring for shelf life
Having staff qualified to administer the correct dosage of the correct antivenin
Managing complications if the patient is allergic to the treatment
Using only the antivenin compatible with the injected venom
(Identifying the offending reptile accurately is vital before the first injection occurs)
Knowing when to suspend treatment; as too much medicine can also cause injury
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

It's quite easy to envision a small facility in a foothill community not having the budget and/or infrastructure to amass the professional staff or the inventory of antivenin required to please everyone who is rolled through the ER doors. This is doubly true if those constraints affect a facility in a locale where venomous snakebites are common, which would place additional demands on the facility's modest resources.

Have a look at the VenomER episodes on YouTube. Its intensity is pretty instructive, and it illustrates just the back end of things, after the injury has occurred.

-----------------------

No, there's not a single syllable regarding the Bronco in my post, but this isn't a Bronco forum, despite the efforts of some to give it that color. ;)
The premise of it even being a Bronco thread is incorrect, was Bronco sport. Back to off topic. I was told at that time (though not as fully) that it was likely due to expense and shelf life. But have two, your sh*t out of luck between him getting the one dose and it being replaced. Does “identify” mean to sub-species, just rattlesnake or all the sub-species ( snake was killed so known)

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Ok, so the Bronco has been out what…. Going on 2 years now. And people here are still confused and can’t make the difference between the Bronco sport and the Bronco just like they did when the sport came out while the Bronco was ‘’delayed’’🤷‍♂️.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so the Bronco has been out what…. Going on 2 years now. And people here are still confused and can’t make the difference between the Bronco sport and the Bronco just like they did when the sport came out while the Bronco was ‘’delayed’’🤷‍♂️.
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm no more familiar with Cherokees or Libertys after the last 5 years on this forum, than I was on day one. And those are Jeep products. I'll also admit that I confuse fj cruisers with the broncos when I see them from the front.

What I can do, is help a fellow Jeep owner build a badass setup. At least there's that. :like:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm no more familiar with Cherokees or Libertys after the last 5 years on this forum, than I was on day one. And those are Jeep products. I'll also admit that I confuse fj cruisers with the broncos when I see them from the front.

What I can do, is help a fellow Jeep owner build a badass setup. At least there's that. :like:
It’s easy to tell the difference— the FJ is on the road coming towards you, the Bronco is on the side of the road with a blown engine, etc. Simple! 😉😁
Sponsored