Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Another reason to buy a Ford Bronco;

The Ford Motor Company is recalling more than 500,000 sport utility vehicles across the United States over fire risks resulting from a possibly cracked fuel injector.

Ford, the second-largest car manufacturer in the U.S., said that while the likelihood of fires was rare, it was compelled to offer the recall after being informed of at least 20 such incidents. The recall covers the company's Bronco Sport and Escape SUVs manufactured between the 2020 and 2023 model years.
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
The Bronco Sport and Escape are SUVs about as much as I am a body builder because I have weights in my house.
You ever watch some of the soft roaders and what they can do? It’s amazing the effort and money they’ll put into a vehicle so that it can compete with an early 90s 4x4 on all season tires. Modern 8 and 10 speed transmissions to allow for better crawl rations without a T case but that’s only part of capability.

I would not want to push a new vehicle all that hard out of fear of damaging it. I personally don’t understand the wilderness Subarus, the outback gets a couple more MPG over my wrangler but comes in at a similar price for way less capability where you have push it make multiple attempts and risk damaging the vehicle on milf trails.

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
You ever watch some of the soft roaders and what they can do? It’s amazing the effort and money they’ll put into a vehicle so that it can compete with an early 90s 4x4 on all season tires. Modern 8 and 10 speed transmissions to allow for better crawl rations without a T case but that’s only part of capability.

I would not want to push a new vehicle all that hard out of fear of damaging it. I personally don’t understand the wilderness Subarus, the outback gets a couple more MPG over my wrangler but comes in at a similar price for way less capability where you have push it make multiple attempts and risk damaging the vehicle on milf trails.
Yeah, those milf trails will get ya every time. Slippery slopes, they are!

Sponsored

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
I could be wrong here, but I don't think the OP had sarcasm in mind with this one. I see it as more of At least Ford is taking the high road on this instead of the FCA approach of putting a Band-aid on a sucking chest wound.

But, yeah. I could be wrong.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
If they just would've never bought into this Green new deal bs and put the Coyote motor in every trim...but that's why they pay those executive the big bucks?!?

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Thank goodness we have another Bronco post. Was getting worried they were starting to taper off.
I was starting to pine for a Bronco post as we havent had one for at least a fortnight LOL!
Sponsored