First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
This is an admission up I hoped that I would not have to make but I feel obligated to Prodigy Performance and Turbosmart. It was my mistake. I turned the adjustment dial fully counterclockwise when I should have turned it clockwise. It was due to my inexperience but I did double check what I had done. Somewhere I think I read that the dial was reverse threaded and turning it clockwise would increase the boost. That is incorrect. I should have gotten a second opinion. The pictures of the controllers on line clearly show the direction to turn the dial to increase boost. Since my Jeep is in the shop I can’t verify that mine does show that but obviously I didn’t see it if it does. None the less I take full responsibility for the unfortunate incident and heaven knows I paid for it dearly. If any of you ever add any manufacturers manual or electronically controlled boost controller you had be damn sure you are doing it correctly or you may end up in my situation.

I will recover and still be happy with the performance of the turbo kit but I will not try to push it to the limit. After all guys it is a Jeep and 350-400 RWHP is very impressive and we should be happy with that.

Jim Love
Houston, TX
Sponsored

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
I have debated about this from when it was first released. I thought that I would eventually add one as the engine got more miles on it. My reasoning was that being brand new the blow by would be minimal and would increase with mileage. My plan is to install it at about 24k. I am sure you will show us how much has been collected in the can but I believe it would be burned away in the system until the engine ages and there is an excessive amount. It’s a personal decision.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I'm sorry but that thing is way overpriced. Also if it hooks up the way I think it does not a very good design. If that thing gets too full you not only get oil in your intake manifold you will coat everything from the turbo to intake valves with oil. Plus I doubt it does anything to decrease your crankcase pressure while under boost. Too much crankcase pressure can cause your oil return line from your turbo to back up and push oil past the seals in your turbo.

Edit: Further more it's best to have a vacuum within your crankcase whenever possible. I seriously doubt having that hose going to the air filter is giving any kind of measurable vacuum.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I'd want a 3 port catch can. One end to the valve cover. One to the intake with a check valve so you don't loose boost. Last one with a check valve to release pressure while under boost to the atmosphere with a little filter on it.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

Sponsored

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I didnt have the Alpine, just base stereo with 7 inch screen. I ended up with the JL Audio WD1000/5v2, powers the 2 subs and the c2 350's and c2 400's I replaced as well. Sounds killer.

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I think it adds like 2 psi of boost too, lmfao.

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just a little update on the driving behavior with the Prodigy Turbo kit. The canned tune that comes with the kit is fair, not horrible but not a final product imo. Over the past week my tuner and I have finally had the time to work on the daily manners after our initial dyno tuning a couple months ago. WOW, we really have the injector scaling nutted now. FIC put the scaling data up on their website after we asked for it and after 5 revisions its driving like OEM. Well OEM with a kick in the pants when you get into it, lol.

I know its been mentioned a few times in this thread and in others but no doubt getting a custom tune by an experienced tuner goes miles for the enjoyment of these forced induction kits. Next mod: Quick Time Performance Screamer Twintronic Exhaust system. Its pretty trick with wireless control of an internal valve/cutout. Worth looking at for your entertainment :)

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/425018B/

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Ill try to post a similar video and from what I understand, I can control the valve with the home link buttons on the JL visor!! How cool is that.

Sponsored