alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
82E75FE6-F425-41CE-9C3D-831FEB64556F.jpeg
My Dyno test was done with the wheels and tires off to eliminate their effect. This was with the original base tune before the wastegate recall and new tune from Prodigy. I am almost finished with a custom tune from OST Dyno. I will publish a new Dyno test when it is finished. I expect that to be next week.
This is awesome, I look forward to seeing the results of your custom tune! As an aside, it looks like boost starts kicking in around 3500 RPM? Is that what it feels like if you put your foot to the floor below 2000 RPM?
Sponsored

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
There was some knock early on due to too much timing advance but OST Dyno eliminated it. I did get my Glowshift Wideband’s 0-5v output recording in my data logs. That is absolutely essential for proper tuning. It is mandatory to have the AFR school RPM in order to set the injector pulse widths for correct fueling. Thus far I have had 3 revisions after starting with Prodigy’s last tune. I believe there will be only one more before I retest on the Dyno. Attached you can see the Dyno setup which connects directly to the rear axel with no wheels or tires.

I don’t know if you followed my posts but I have regeared to 4.88 ratio which really helps the overall performance of the Jeep. It won’t change the RWHP but it certainly boosts the acceleration. Strangely enough it didn’t affect gas mileage munc at all. Before at 80 mph the engine was at 2300 rpm in 7th gear. After regearing at 80 moh it was at 2600 rpm in 8th gear. In addition during normal driving the shifting in drive mode is noticeably smoother. I strongly recommend regearing to at least 4.56 if not 4.88 but no shorter.

37EEE4B7-6652-4B6B-AB58-04E1361E14BF.jpeg

Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like the idea except for the heat. The alternator gets to hot to hold my hand on already.
For awhile everything I had was turbocharged including VW, F150, Branson Tractor but not the Jeep. Then I traded the VW in on a Tesla. No turbo, just faster.
Maybe someone will make a good kit to make those fake Rubicon hood louvers functional.

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
You
So I spoke to a rep from @Prodigy Performancetoday and they said they’ve had internal discussions about possibly cracking the turbo tune for the 2.0 turbo. The possibilities are endless in terms of updated turbos, blow off valves, headers, boost gauges and regulators etc etc. according to their initial spitballing these cracked tunes could increase HP anywhere from 50-100 hp!!!! Trying to show the interest so they do in fact realize the market, potential and interest based on these forums. Please tag others do whatever we have to do as I am new to the forums and don’t know how to do all that!!!!! Help fellow Jeepers PLEASE!!!
@Prodigy Performance
You spoke with Prodigy! Who did you speak with? Was it Todd, Wes or Danny? Probably Todd because he is in charge of sales. I am going to call them and find out more about what you are talking.

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Let me give all of you guys an extreme word of caution. This morning I was testing my latest tune with a WOT after sufficient warmup. The engine blew! Completely destroyed. A new long black is required. Don’t know total cost yet, bet but just guessing somewhere in the 10-15k range. So if you are thinking of adding additional boost (which I had not yet done), don’t.

I will keep you informed as to my final solution. I believe that I will upgrade to Prodigy’s performance kit which is new forged pistons and rods et al. This will ensure that engine failure doesn’t reoccurr. It will add the advantage of additional performance. Prodigy says they have one operating at 18 psi with over 500 RWHP.

Although I wish this hadn’t happened, the silver lining is that I will possibly have the most powerful Jeep JL (short of an engine swap HEMI) in the world. Be careful you guys.

Reactions: baz

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Let me give all of you guys an extreme word of caution. This morning I was testing my latest tune with a WOT after sufficient warmup. The engine blew! Completely destroyed. A new long black is required. Don’t know total cost yet, bet but just guessing somewhere in the 10-15k range. So if you are thinking of adding additional boost (which I had not yet done), don’t.

I will keep you informed as to my final solution. I believe that I will upgrade to Prodigy’s performance kit which is new forged pistons and rods et al. This will ensure that engine failure doesn’t reoccurr. It will add the advantage of additional performance. Prodigy says they have one operating at 18 psi with over 500 RWHP.

Although I wish this hadn’t happened, the silver lining is that I will possibly have the most powerful Jeep JL (short of an engine swap HEMI) in the world. Be careful you guys.
I'm sorry to hear about your engine. When you say blew, what exactly happened? Broken crank, holes in pistons, nice new inspection hole in the block? This is after you had your original tune revised?

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
I'm sorry to hear about your engine. When you say blew, what exactly happened? Broken crank, holes in pistons, nice new inspection hole in the block? This is after you had your original tune revised?
Yea and who is to blame is the question?

Sponsored

OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey Jim, should that info be in your thread not mine? Regardless, sorry to hear you had a motor failure, would love to know where you were setup wise as I know you were thinking aggressive with the boost and tune. Ill follow in your thread.

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
I just spoke with Todd at Prodigy and let me expand on my explanation of my engine failure. I don’t in any way blame either Prodigy or my tuner OST Dyno. Fist let me say that I do have a Turbosmart single mode manual controller in line with my wastegate but it is completely shut off. My intent today was to test the latest tune first and see what the situation was and then if I thought I could add boost I would do so and test it again. My previous test showed a max boost of 7.8 psi. I was going to add a small amount to about 8.5 and see what happened. Unfortunately I did not get that far. Please don’t attribute my engine failure to either Prodigy or OST Dyno. It was just very bad luck. I still have the greatest of confidence in both support/suppliers. In fact Prodigy is doing their very best to help me recover from this unfortunate disaster. As always I will keep you followers informed with my situation.

Jim Love

Reactions: baz

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
My bet is on piston. Not enough end gap on rings causing them to lock in bore and ripped the top ring land off? Just a guess. I'm curious what actually happened.

Edit: If that's what is was a little meth or water/meth would have kept things cooler.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Windowed the block from what prodigy told me.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Windowed the block from what prodigy told me.
Shows what I know!

I would like to think a stock bottom end could handle more power than what he made on the dyno. Maybe somehow it got over revved.
Sponsored