Not open for further replies.

MikeS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm with some of the others... I love my Jeep, it's been reliable, don't know why you have such bad dealer experiences, but I haven't had any issues with mine here in Oregon. You get on a JL Forum and rant about how bad the vehicle, dealers, and company suck and that you're going BACK to Toyotas, and don't expect to catch grief for it. I'm pretty sure you're looking for the people on the Tacoma forums, the ones who will high five with you.
Sponsored

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I'm pretty sure you're looking for the people on the Tacoma forums, the ones who will high five with you.
Or at least the ones there to bitch en masse about their Toyota issues ...

jberry187

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon (JLURD), 1997 Wrangler Sahara
The Diesel is the only engine I would have now with the 392 a maybe if I really wanted the horsepower. The 2.0 and the 3.6 are lackluster to for me. Our 21 diesel has been a pleasure to drive and wheel offroad. So far no electrical issues and EDT goes in every fuel stop. Diesels are expensive to maintain regardless and the cummins in my motorhome cost several thousand in routine maintenance each year. I may be proven wrong but I will not part with this jeep anytime soon. The prices are getting stupid anyway.
I agree with you on this point. So one interesting point to make about the ecodiesel jeeps is that they include heavy-duty components. This means it should easier to swap the motor for another diesel or a V8 when this one gives up the ghost. Additionally, the ED is still being manufactured, just not in Jeeps....

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
So then you didn't need to say anything did you? I'm not looking for your concern, just thought I would contribute one last post to a community I have enjoyed.
Just because you are selling your jeep doesn't mean you need to leave the forum.... pull up a chair and stick around for a while. ?

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Many thanks for sharing your experience, although I'm sorry you had to get rid of your beloved Wrangler. It's a tough thing to do, but I would have probably done the same, even after decades of loyal ownership. Future supportability of a short-run, discontinued engine, coupled with poor customer service and logistical support is a significant concern, and one that has clearly escaped many current owners. Kudos to you for having the foresight to actually address it and be better prepared for the inevitable....which is already happening.

Lastly...while we all know that one should never take the forums too seriously, that doesn't make it OK for our members to respond as negatively as some have. As we continue to see here and elsewhere on social media, some people just can't help but to sling insults from behind the cozy comfort of a computer screen, which I believe says a lot about their character. Our Jeep community has always been a supportive one, even for those moving on to other vehicles, but apparently these members never got the memo. To that end, I'd at least like to wish you the best of luck with your Toyota and give you a positive sendoff. Enjoy and drive safe!
Sadly, the generation of "social" media is exactly the opposite... if anything, it has promoted isolation, which inturn breeds lack of common courtesy... hince the rise in negative shit slinging as a first reaction for most.... not sure which is worse, the lack of treating your fellow man with respect or the compliancy about it.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to figure out if this reply is straight or meant to be something else....suspicious times.
Not sure what you mean....can you explain further? I was just passing along well wishes for OP, following the onslaught of negativity from our trolls.

Last edited:

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I guess I am in the minority as my experience purchasing my 22 JLUR and getingt my service/warranty needs handled (different dealer than what I bought at due to distance) have been fine. Buying was a breeze and I have had zero issues getting repairs and warranty work done.

Not sure why people with spend hours haggling over sale price and trade. I don't play that game and just get up and walk. I have bought 7 cars since COVID started and had trade in and purchase price negotiated over the phone before I ever set foot in the dealer.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I bought the Tacoma at a JEEP DEALER........proving my point
The point being your Toyota's original owner really preferred a Jeep, so he traded his Tacoma in on one?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :giggle: ;)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
The point being your Toyota's original owner really preferred a Jeep, so he traded his Tacoma in on one?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :giggle: ;)
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Jeep Wrangler JL Another Owner Throws in the Towel This-isnt-the-airport

Hey sparkle poo, didn't you buy something else? Then what are you still doing here? Or are you waiting for the shop to finish on your Taco Tuesday truck?
Jeep Wrangler JL Another Owner Throws in the Towel ljRsPHo

Ooh, that's gonna be expensive.

Sponsored

PLTEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Many thanks for sharing your experience, although I'm sorry you had to get rid of your beloved Wrangler. It's a tough thing to do, but I would have probably done the same, even after decades of loyal ownership. Future supportability of a short-run, discontinued engine, coupled with poor customer service and logistical support is a significant concern, and one that has clearly escaped many current owners. Kudos to you for having the foresight to actually address it and be better prepared for the inevitable....which is already happening.

Lastly...while we all know that one should never take the forums too seriously, that doesn't make it OK for our members to respond as negatively as some have. As we continue to see here and elsewhere on social media, some people just can't help but to sling insults from behind the cozy comfort of a computer screen, which I believe says a lot about their character. Our Jeep community has always been a supportive one, even for those moving on to other vehicles, but apparently these members never got the memo. To that end, I'd at least like to wish you the best of luck with your Toyota and give you a positive sendoff. Enjoy and drive safe!

Nailed It.

Crum44

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering 2022 Willys
Well it was a very difficult decision to make but I am no longer a Jeep owner (Still own a liberty but that doesn’t count). I have been doing a lot of thinking over the last month about my current Jeep, the future of Stellantis, the longevity of the Diesel motor, abhorrent dealer service, and my future needs. With that, I decided to unload my Jeep while I still could and went back to a Toyota (Boring and reliable, just like me). I purchased a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro (like New) with 19K miles (A True Unicorn with that mileage).

The unfortunate part is I purchased it from a Jeep dealer, and the experience was horrible, not surprisingly. This only solidified my decision to hopefully never have to deal with another Jeep dealer as long as I am still above ground. I’m sure there is a circle of hell where people are forever waiting for an appointment only to perpetually have the dealer never fix their issue.

I was fully prepared to walk out several times since it's not like I needed to get rid of it. Trying to get them to come down on the price of the Tacoma and up on my trade-in was insane. The first salesman finally tapped out and brought in his manager to finish the deal, who wasn’t much better. I told him I was not asking for much because in the end, I know you will put this on your lot for 60K or upper 50’s. He said he could only put it on his lot for something like 47K. Well, I checked their website yesterday and it is already listed for $58,999…..Absolute bastards.

Anyway here’s the deal. I still defend that the diesel is the best engine ever put in a Jeep. However, I was discouraged to see it discontinued because it was only out for 3 years. I don’t count the engines placed in previous GCs or Rams because when it was put in the Wrangler they virtually overhauled 75 – 80% of the engine. To me, this means parts are not necessarily compatible, and let’s face it they will forever be placed on backorder with no rush to get them. I don’t know what the total sales were for the diesel but it certainly can’t be that much meaning parts are not going to be sitting on shelves ready to be installed when you need them.

Then this brings me to the electrical issues from the charging system they must have outsourced to an 8th grader with aspirations of becoming an engineer. This is truly an embarrassment leaving the Jeep community to find hundreds of workarounds and constant troubleshooting techniques.

Every time I drove my Jeep I wondered if it would start, when the next sensor would have a nervous breakdown, are my batteries charging at the optimal rate, will the thing derate if it got too hot, why does start/stop always say not ready battery charging, will my fuel pump implode before I can find a reputable person to fix the recall, etc, etc.

All this is a shame because this has been the coolest Jeep I’ve owned, a blast to drive, and a beast off-road, but the anxiety it causes to own it knowing you are on your own should anything go wrong is just not acceptable for something this overvalued. I truly hope the Dealer I sold it to ends up having that thing in their shop on a weekly basis having to hear from the angry customer who buys it (not that there is anything wrong with it at the moment). I’m going to miss that dang Jeep, but the Tacoma is already growing on me, and the best part is there is NO START/STOP. I get in, it starts up, nothing chimes at me, and the paint isn’t bubbling anywhere either.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for all the support, and good conversation. I’ll still give ya a wave when I pass ya by.
Man, people on here remind me of why I dropped out of reddit haha! Anyway good luck with your Tacoma. I will most likely be going same route myself in a few years.

Good luck!

JLeco2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
Sadly, the generation of "social" media is exactly the opposite... if anything, it has promoted isolation, which inturn breeds lack of common courtesy... hince the rise in negative shit slinging as a first reaction for most.... not sure which is worse, the lack of treating your fellow man with respect or the compliancy about it.
I feel like this and alot of out of context things, the way I type is short and to the point, some people take it like i know everything, no i don't know shit, im just not trying to write a book

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sorry to hear about your experience OP. I had a 2007 Tundra for 14 years and had very minor issues with the truck, but I did have issue with the Toyota dealership. I think that’s just the way it is anymore. Good luck with the Toyota, they are great trucks!

SargeDiesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I feel like this and alot of out of context things, the way I type is short and to the point, some people take it like i know everything, no i don't know shit, im just not trying to write a book
Cool bud, you be you... I wasn't referring to anyone specific and I hope you didn't think it was directed at you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.