aembury

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
So here we go...

Another one of those posts where people are comparing the Sport S to the Rubicon...

I have a chance at a 2019 2-Door Rubi, fully kitted for $53k CAD (Canadian Dollar).

VS

A fully kitted Sport S 2-Door for $48k CAD (Canadian Dollar).

My hesitation...

I have a dog and he would scratch and destroy the leather seats + the cost savings.

I won't be doing anything crazy offroad. Just back and forth between trails and campsites.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

RMD_23

First Name
abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara
I'd say go with the cheapest, but if you are planning to keep the vehicle for a long period of time, then 5k isn't much since you are going to pay 48k

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Manual or auto? Do you plan to lift? What tires will you run? Hard top or soft top?

I love my Sport S but there are definitely scenarios where the Rubicon makes more sense. Even if you don’t go off-road a lot.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Most here will say get the Rubicon. But think about what you want and what you will use it for.

I have a mostly stock Sport S and it fits my needs perfectly. I take fairly long road trips with some mild to moderate off-road trails at the destination. It handles the trails I want to do really well and I average 26 mpg on the way there and back (3.6 L V6 with manual transmission).

It won’t impress anyone here but it fits my needs perfectly.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just so you know you will spend like 3x the price difference (not counting time spent) to upgrade that sport to a comparable rubi down the road.. and void warranties along the way.

Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I say drop the phrase "fully kitted":giggle:

in all seriousness, get what you feel is right. I have a sport and a Rubi, they each serve their purposes well. I might never use the Rubi for it's full capabilities, but I wanted something different and able to crawl on rocks outside my local mall.

gl

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
So here we go...

Another one of those posts where people are comparing the Sport S to the Rubicon...

I have a chance at a 2019 2-Door Rubi, fully kitted for $53k CAD (Canadian Dollar).

VS

A fully kitted Sport S 2-Door for $48k CAD (Canadian Dollar).
Are these OTD price? If not, you can definitely find better deals. I got my Sport S unlimited (minus aux/towing and safety group) for $46950 CAD.

OP
OP

aembury

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Thanks everyone!

I think the final choice is to lease the Rubi...

I run my own business and it makes the most sense for me to lease and get those tax savings.
Sponsored