First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So I copied (with a few changes) this install of a NOCO Genius battery tender/maintainer that @BrntWS6 did back in 2020…

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...arger-mount-inlet-install-lots-of-pics.44466/

Being in northern MN I changed the location of the NOCO GCP1 Outlet from the front bumper to a location not effected by slush/ice/snow…near the cowl.

Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation 73E1D88B-34DE-44D8-85ED-75A148F035C4

Here’s how I did it (if anyone is curious):

1. I used a Lenox 2” hole saw with arbor (thanks to @digger84 from WranglerForum for the suggestion) to make the hole but first drilled small pilot hole:
Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation 596F8F35-C32A-4401-B679-9E939D3737E8

Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation DB442E77-3CAA-4283-9BB1-A8FB238D2FDE

2. I caulked the exposed edge around the perimeter of the hole and applied caulk in between the NOCO outlet to make sure no water can get through and then screwed it down (I actually screwed it in place first, removed the screws and outlet, and then did all the caulking):
Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation 8905188D-551B-420D-AFD9-B5767FF161C2

Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation 69D5A3E1-E260-47FE-A3DA-CF34C12C4949

(Note to self: wrap wire loom around cable for added protection).

3. I then removed the felt top of the battery, opened up the carrying handles, and used a bunch of caulk to “glue” the NOCO Genius GenPro 10x1 in between the handles (I will secure it further another day). You can see it fits perfectly inside the handles and is very secure already:
Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation 58D8EDE1-ED33-4ACB-9EC9-F1FA93DFFFD3

You can see where I brought in the cord from the NOCO outlet (again, I need wire loom for the cable here):
Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation CF1C76ED-576F-451B-B2D0-03A015B74DC5

And there we have it folks! Now I can simply plug it in when it sits for extended periods!

Jeep Wrangler JL Another NOCO Genius Installation 87AAA913-449E-42C7-B37D-6548B5465CBE
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
EPIC!! I would be cringing when cutting the hole in the cowl. But that's the way to go.

I love the NOCO chargers, I use the quick disconnects that are pretty slick too but the outlet is the way to go. I'm running the dual batteries and a dual NOCO and its really too big to mount under the hood.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I’m rather clueless to this whole set up, so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but is that Noco charger always there? As in do you drive around with it as if it were part of the vehicle? If so, does heat and weather affect it?

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I’m rather clueless to this whole set up, so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but is that Noco charger always there? As in do you drive around with it as if it were part of the vehicle? If so, does heat and weather affect it?
No worries, yes he keeps it in there 24/7. It is totally waterproof and its a tank. NOCO makes some nice stuff for sure.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Not a dumb question at all!

Yes, It is permanently there (until I need a new battery then I’ll swap it onto the new battery).

This is a waterproof unit and heat shouldn’t cause any problems.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
EPIC!! I would be cringing when cutting the hole in the cowl. But that's the way to go.

I love the NOCO chargers, I use the quick disconnects that are pretty slick too but the outlet is the way to go. I'm running the dual batteries and a dual NOCO and its really too big to mount under the hood.
Sounds like a great setup you have!

Yeah…the engine bay is cramped in these things! I even thought about installing the NOCO somewhere inside the cabin. Then I tried on top of the battery with the lifting handles apart and it was a perfect fit.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Noco is the way to go!!! Great units, I've started everything from Diesel trucks to Caterpillar D9's. That's a very neat and well thought out installation!
Great job!
Sponsored