Sponsored

Another Member JLU Collision Report (with video)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Some are so far gone and out of their minds that when they wreck, they act as if nothing happened. Sleep deprivation and distracted driving is just as bad.
Agree. Just not from pot. I never heard of someone who, under the influence of marijuana, didn't know where they were. If so, that's some REALLY good shit. :)
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...I never heard of someone who, under the influence of marijuana, didn't know where they were....
Recreational marijuana has the same impairment effect on the brain as alcohol. But it’s not marijuana alone. Often times drug abusers have a cocktail variety of mind altering, psychotic inducing drugs in their system.

Life is not all rainbows, sunshine’s and lollipops - BUT if you are experiencing this right now, you’re probably very, very high.

conmax

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler JLUR
Glad your wife is okay as she was dangerously shoved into the path of crossing traffic. These Wranglers can really take a beating.

As much as it sucks, your insurance is there to protect you from people like the other driver who made a poor decision and failed to stop.

Were emergency services called and did the driver of the other vehicle stay on scene while a police report was filled out?
happened to me as well perp was underinsured received the max of 15k from their insurance and 20k from mine for underinsured medical costs to date were 90k with permanent debilitation

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

best wishes to your wife on a quick recovery. Glad shes ok and that your kids where not in the jeep with her. Like everyone else a car is just something material item easily replaced at the end of the day. hope everything gets settled quick and you can get a new jeep soon

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
So, this afternoon my wife was rear-ended while stopped at a red light on an interstate exit ramp. The driver of the other vehicle never even touched the brakes and I’m pretty sure she was under the influence. Luckily my kids were not with my wife and, although she is already very sore from the seat belt, it appears she is okay. As far as the Jeep is concerned, I’m pretty sure it’s totaled. There is some crumpling all the way up to the front doors, but the passenger compartment appeared to be maintained. I will update with some pictures when I can get to it. Thank God it wasn’t worse.

EEAB61FB-700E-4226-95F0-F52DC652C39F.jpeg
B4F0103E-B0DA-489D-839B-A2CD89A8A156.jpeg
012FC231-1F69-41A4-A03B-CAB710E004CD.jpeg
WOW!

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Glad she's not hurt. Looks like a good reason to not go with spare tire delete....I bet that tire cushioned some of the impact.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is why I won't " delete" the spare, it does absorb impact, and being rear- ended is common, unfortunately.
Last year I was rear-ended (low speed) by a Tundra. $1,000+ for them; zero damage for me. And, the Tundra is a fairly robust vehicle. Yes, the spare was my savior.

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Agree about the spare. Got rear ended before I made the first payment- 3k in damage to me (Rubi with steel bumpers), totaled out the 2005 Titan that hit me. Spare absorbed a lot of the impact.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
First and foremost thank God the innocent driver is ok. As far as the facts, wow that fool had to be doing 40-50 mph. I’m super impressed after seeing the Jeep pictures how that Jeep held its own.
Chad how’s your wife feeling? I think I speak for us all that we’re pulling for her.

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
iKid you knot, people are just stupid and careless these days, even stone cold sober, it's tough to keep any car nice. I got hit in my old Chevy Blazer, the vehicle the Jeep replaced, in the parking lot at work by this ditzy, early 20s chick who was there for an interview. She just slammed the accelerator out of a parking space while not even looking. Two weeks later I was literally on my way to a dealer's body shop for an estimate on the damage and one block away from my destination another woman hit me at the bottom of the exit ramp from I-70.
I will say this, Missouri takes DWI ("driving while intoxicated") very seriously. One's fourth DWI is now a felony in MO and there's no plea bargaining. I know two people who are now convicted felons because they wouldn't stop drinking and driving. Missouri even passed a law that went into effect on 1/1/18 whereby people convicted of non-violent felonies can get their records expunged and restore all of their rights, but DWI was specifically excluded in the law, it's for life.

OP
OP
Mid-life Wrangler

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
First and foremost thank God the innocent driver is ok. As far as the facts, wow that fool had to be doing 40-50 mph. I’m super impressed after seeing the Jeep pictures how that Jeep held its own.
Chad how’s your wife feeling? I think I speak for us all that we’re pulling for her.
Thanks for asking. She is still pretty sore. She has pain in her abdomen, back, and pelvis. She has had several abdominal surgeries in the past, some life threatening, so she is following up with her surgeon in regards to the abdominal pain. We want to be sure it is just muscular pain and no further complications.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
We live in society where alcohol use (and abuse) is widespread, yet marijuana is a class 1 felony. Potheads stay home and chill; for some reason, alcoholics like to go out and drive. Go figure. Hard hit - best of luck to the OP's wife.
I’ve known plenty of people who drive stoned. Neither is good.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ve known plenty of people who drive stoned. Neither is good.
I sorry, I'm too busy vegging out to drive. :)

OP
OP
Mid-life Wrangler

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
First and foremost, my wife appears to be on the mend. We already have much to be thankful for. Today, we have a little bit more good news. I finally got word from my insurance company. I am guessing they are being pretty generous considering that they will recuperate most, if not all, of what they pay out from the other driver’s insurance company as it has been confirmed that she was under the influence. It is common knowledge that Jeeps hold their value better than other vehicles, but here is more evidence to support that. I ordered my Rubicon in January 2018. I was able to secure 3% below employee price (roughly 13% below MSRP). The insurance company determined my Jeep was a total loss. The total out the door price I paid was $48,653.30. The insurance company is giving me $46,209.30, plus I will get my $500 deductible refunded when the other insurance company pays, so $46,709. My Jeep had 35,100 miles on it. It’s like I leased it for $70/month (I know it is actually more, because of the interest I’ve paid, but don’t rain on my parade.) with $0 down. I was very nervous waiting to see what the payout would be and pleasantly surprised today to see I will have $16,000 to put down on a new Jeep. Now to decide if I’m returning to a Rubicon or going with the Willys or Altitude? Back to Crystal Granite or Sting Gray?

55DA3F71-96B9-47AF-A950-7308AD0DEF8C.jpeg
View attachment 316800

243B49AF-4F6F-40E4-AA07-361F51C7D586.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0