Sponsored

Another Member JLU Collision Report (with video)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That was a serious hit. I'm glad to hear your wife is OK. I suggest having her get checked over by a doctor again in a week or so. Sometimes it takes a while for injuries from car accidents to begin to show. Sorry about the Jeep though. It can be replaced. Good luck.
Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
amazing your wife is ok. hope that proves to be the case. that's a pretty damn nasty hit to walk away from. big kuddos to jeep, the seat, the belts and bags. keep the faith

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear that your wife is well, that was a pretty serious hit, and great footage!

OP
OP
Mid-life Wrangler

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Just curious....did your wife see the driver closing in on her or did totally take her by surprise? I always think my wife would be sitting at that light with no situational awareness looking at her phone.
She was caught unaware. She said she was watching the light and the traffic in front and to the left and right of her. That light is not usually a long one and you can see that the exit ramp is a long and straight one. She was stopped with her turn signal on and said she never considered that somebody would not see her, stop, or slow down. I was informed today that the other driver was charged with DUI.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Some on this forum have complained about the JLs headrest being too angled forward and too close to the head. In my normal driving position, my headrest is almost touching my head. This type of collision is exactly why it is so, to minimize neck injuries.

I'm glad it wasn't worse and wish for your wife a speedy and complete recovery.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
So glad to hear your wife is ok.. that could have been a very bad situation.

I generally do not wish bad on others and I'm not but please be sure you take it to the fullest just to be sure there is no long term issues and have the support later if needed.

I always wonder with a stationary cam and like this video it seems to adjust. Do you know if this was this done manually afterward or is this some automatic function of the camera?

Hope it all works out for you and your wife. Best of luck.

OP
OP
Mid-life Wrangler

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
So glad to hear your wife is ok.. that could have been a very bad situation.

I generally do not wish bad on others and I'm not but please be sure you take it to the fullest just to be sure there is no long term issues and have the support later if needed.

I always wonder with a stationary cam and like this video it seems to adjust. Do you know if this was this done manually afterward or is this some automatic function of the camera?

Hope it all works out for you and your wife. Best of luck.
No, this is somebody recording the monitor with their phone. Iā€™m pretty sure the zooming and moving is the person holding the phone, so I am not sure exactly what the capabilities of the equipment are.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
No, this is somebody recording the monitor with their phone. Iā€™m pretty sure the zooming and moving is the person holding the phone, so I am not sure exactly what the capabilities of the equipment are.
Oh got it! Thanks .. Again hope all works out.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...the other driver was charged with DUI.
Broad daylight, intoxicated and taken to the hospital with a broken leg AND gets charged with a DUI. Experience tells me that none of the above is going to deter that individual from being a repeat offender.

Itā€™s only a matter of time before she ends up drunk again behind the wheel and either kills herself and or someone else.

And at that point, there are no ā€œIā€™m sorryā€ā€™s, there are no reversals and there are no ā€œtake backsā€. Thereā€™s just suffering, heartbreak, separation of families and a great amount of sadness for the people left behind.

That selfish choice ruins lives.
Sponsored