Sponsored

Another Member JLU Collision Report (with video)

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My significant other always asks "why do you pay attention to people behind you so much?" I always stop a car length behind the car in front when approaching a stop sign or light and pay attention to those approaching from behind. its amazing how fast some approach and brake at the last minute (brake wasters). If I saw something like this coming, I have room to turn and take the ditch or shoulder in some cases but not always when in two lanes of traffic. Sometimes staying in the right lane is a good idea. You have a way out at least. I'd rather take a curb and sidewalk or into someones yard or a ditch then take a hit like this. I know I can always drive out of a ditch.
i do this for the same reason. and one fine rainy day, on verrazano bridge going towards staten island, bumper to bumper traffic, i kept my distance to the car in front of me slowing down, and looked in rearview mirror, car behind was NOT slowing down, i took a split second decision and swerved into next lane as there was some room. BAM, that car which was behind me, crashed into the car in front of me along with 5 others. was a mess. i got away.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Glad your wife is ok! Her taking the hit could have saved someone’s life if that driver would have tboned someone in the intersection. Crazy!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
First and foremost, my wife appears to be on the mend. We already have much to be thankful for. Today, we have a little bit more good news. I finally got word from my insurance company. I am guessing they are being pretty generous considering that they will recuperate most, if not all, of what they pay out from the other driver’s insurance company as it has been confirmed that she was under the influence. It is common knowledge that Jeeps hold their value better than other vehicles, but here is more evidence to support that. I ordered my Rubicon in January 2018. I was able to secure 3% below employee price (roughly 13% below MSRP). The insurance company determined my Jeep was a total loss. The total out the door price I paid was $48,653.30. The insurance company is giving me $46,209.30, plus I will get my $500 deductible refunded when the other insurance company pays, so $46,709. My Jeep had 35,100 miles on it. It’s like I leased it for $70/month (I know it is actually more, because of the interest I’ve paid, but don’t rain on my parade.) with $0 down. I was very nervous waiting to see what the payout would be and pleasantly surprised today to see I will have $16,000 to put down on a new Jeep. Now to decide if I’m returning to a Rubicon or going with the Willys or Altitude? Back to Crystal Granite or Sting Gray?

55DA3F71-96B9-47AF-A950-7308AD0DEF8C.jpeg
View attachment 316800

243B49AF-4F6F-40E4-AA07-361F51C7D586.jpeg
Hi Chad I'm glad the Mrs. is coming along. Wow I can't believe those numbers. You basically used that Jeep for 2 years and are getting almost all of your money back. Thats great dude and now a nice 2020. Talk about a silver lining.

Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Daejavue all over again...

I just found this thread. The Jeep did a good job of protecting your wife and you did great with your insurance settlement. Below is a photo of our '07 JKUR, exact same scenario. I was at a red light, hit from behind. Killed one of our dogs and tore up my leg muscles from which I suffered for three years. Almost the exact same damage as your JL, just consintrated on the opposite side. The idiot young lady that did it was insured by Liberty Mutual. I want to kick in the TV everytime I see one of their ads.

Screenshot_20200508-100619_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Mid-life Wrangler

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Daejavue all over again...

I just found this thread. The Jeep did a good job of protecting your wife and you did great with your insurance settlement. Below is a photo of our '07 JKUR, exact same scenario. I was at a red light, hit from behind. Killed one of our dogs and tore up my leg muscles from which I suffered for three years. Almost the exact same damage as your JL, just consintrated on the opposite side. The idiot young lady that did it was insured by Liberty Mutual. I want to kick in the TV everytime I see one of their ads.

Screenshot_20200508-100619_Gallery.jpg
Wow. Sorry to hear about your dog and your physical suffering as well. The damage to the Jeeps do look eerily similar. Luckily, my daughters decided to stay home that day. The “Limu” commercials are annoying even without the bad history. Hopefully, you’ve made a full recovery and are in a new Jeep.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Wow. Sorry to hear about your dog and your physical suffering as well. The damage to the Jeeps do look eerily similar. Luckily, my daughters decided to stay home that day. The “Limu” commercials are annoying even without the bad history. Hopefully, you’ve made a full recovery and are in a new Jeep.
This was 7 years and two Jeeps ago. I had just dropped my wife off for her last day of work (retirement, I had retired two years earlier). We'd already sold the house and her car and were supposed to leave on a western states RV tour in a few days. I had been doing volunteer work at one of our local county parks, living in the RV. Wanted another Rubi, couldn't find one to save my life. I'd ordered the one that got wrecked, had one of the first 4 door Unlimiteds on the road. This was five years later, 2012, and dealers were stocking the call of duty, or some such thing, rather than the "plain" Rubicons. They were thousands more. We ended up with a Sahara. The performance was so lame I immediately had the gears swapped to the 4.10s I was used to and while they were in there, installed electric lockers. The cool thing about the aftermarket install is I could control the lockers independent from each other and regardless of 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive.

We now driving a '20 JLUR.
Sponsored