Kostis.a

Kostis.a

First Name
Konstantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ya the truth of the matter is probably like 95+% of the people using this transmission don't have issues. Just bad luck.
In agreement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kostis.a

Kostis.a

First Name
Konstantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thank you all for your responses.
I have/had a number of cars costing multiples of my Rubicon. Also a few costing less. NONE failed in the first 3K miles, ...of anything.
It is my first experience in the Jeep family and it is highly frustrating and disappointing, to say the least. That's it.

No further details on the cause of the failure.

I love the car. Ordered a 2019 replacement. Identical specs. Just have to wait ~3M for it...

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
That’s the real power of the Jeep. No matter how frustrating , no matter how annoying you’re standing in line , waiting and ordering another one with fingers crossed. Ordering and buying a jeep is the great life equalizer , No matter how powerful you are no matter how much money you have we’re all in the same Jeep boat. Lol And the reason is there’s nothing else even close to a jeep on the market and they know that.

MinorInsanity

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Thank you all for your responses.
I have/had a number of cars costing multiples of my Rubicon. Also a few costing less. NONE failed in the first 3K miles, ...of anything.
It is my first experience in the Jeep family and it is highly frustrating and disappointing, to say the least. That's it.

No further details on the cause of the failure.

I love the car. Ordered a 2019 replacement. Identical specs. Just have to wait ~3M for it...
Ordered a replacement? The dealer couldn't fix it and Jeep is giving you a replacement?

OP
OP
Kostis.a

Kostis.a

First Name
Konstantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I wish... Currently under negotiation. Favorable Lemon Laws in Massachusetts...

Sponsored

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
@Kostis.a: Just wondering...what dealer did you order from and how was the experience/deal (not withstanding the faulty Jeep itself). Thinking about ordering a 2019 if I can convince myself to give up my 5 yo incident-free car for a potential stressful, albeit fun, Wrangler.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Why do people always expect perfection because the paid x amount. If you want something reliable rock solid reliable buy a Toyota Corolla for a Honda Civic for 20K. Just because you paid more money does not mean you get more reliability silly. My car should not break down because I paid 60K. Silly logic. Rich peoples cars are in the shop all the time. Drive by any exotic sports car place those cars are broken more than their running and they paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. You bought a Jeep if you decided to buy the most expensive 60K jeep it’s still a jeep deal with it.
Terrible take. Absolutely you should EXEPECT your transmission to work on a near $60k or a $20k vehicle with only 3k miles on the ODO. And its not like Wrangler owners are not expecting quirks, but a completely nonfunctional vehicle is hardly that. Indeed, we need to hold Jeep to a higher standard and I believe even FCA they would agree with that.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Terrible take. Absolutely you should EXEPECT your transmission to work on a near $60k or a $20k vehicle with only 3k miles on the ODO. And its not like Wrangler owners are not expecting quirks, but a completely nonfunctional vehicle is hardly that. Indeed, we need to hold Jeep to a higher standard and I believe even FCA they would agree with that.
Very terrible take
So you think the cost of the vehicle is relevant to the discussion of a transmissio failure. So you are in fact saying that the cost of the vehicle equals better quality but then you say the $60,000 car and the $20,000 car should be equal quality. My position is cost what you pay for the vehicle should not enter into the factor of the transmission failing. expensive cars and cheap cars should have a good transmissions. The cost of the vehicle is irelevant in a transmission failure discussion Unless you’re bragging about how much you paid for your vehicle which again is he relevant in a transmission failure. the OP brought the cost of the vehicle up In the discussion as if it’s factored into the transmission failing it has nothing to do with it.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I think you guys are in violent agreement.

Very terrible take
So you think the cost of the vehicle is relevant to the discussion of a transmissio failure. So you are in fact saying that the cost of the vehicle equals better quality but then you say the $60,000 car and the $20,000 car should be equal quality. My position is cost what you pay for the vehicle should not enter into the factor of the transmission failing. expensive cars and cheap cars should have a good transmissions. The cost of the vehicle is irelevant in a transmission failure discussion Unless you’re bragging about how much you paid for your vehicle which again is he relevant in a transmission failure. the OP brought the cost of the vehicle up In the discussion as if it’s factored into the transmission failing it has nothing to do with it.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Re-read it partner. I said "you should EXEPECT your transmission to work on a near $60k or a $20k vehicle"...

Jeez...
Sponsored