Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I am sorry, but this is just wrong.

if you had said you “might” not have to drop below 35, i could agree.

tire pressure is dependent upon the tire first, then the weight at each corner.

different tires have different load characteristics. How many ply is the tire? How stiff is the sidewall?

chalk test is one of the best & easiest ways to help find the proper pressure.

the door jam sticker is for the factory vehicle, and even then, it is NOT necessarily the best pressure for the tires. It is the best all around for a factory vehicle with the factory tires. (Best trade off of mpg, safety, and ride).

OP explained that his vehicle is now far from stock, so it does not make sense to suggest arbitrary numbers from the door jam. (Although i completely agree with you that dropping down to 15psi for driving on the street is not only wrong, but downright dangerous)

cheers
I didn’t suggest people have to stick by the door jam, I simply said I’m running that PSI currently on my Duratracs and it’s doing great for the highway miles during weekdays. I was implying tires with higher PSI can track straight if it’s properly mounted and aligned. I obviously air down when I hit the trails.

Like you mentioned tires have different sidewalls, so I also ran different tires at different PSI after extensively testing them. Duratracs have thinner sidewalls so after testing I decide to run them slightly higher.

If you kept reading this thread, I later went into depth on tire treads and debunked the chalk test myth on modern AT/MT tires.
Sponsored

22Mag

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Willy's
I have a rough country 2.5 lift with 35" Nitto ridge grapplers and I was amazed at how great it rides down the highway at speeds of 70, 80, or more. Mine is a 20 JLU willys and factory it wandered all over the place, very scary. But ever since the lift and tires it's much improved and rock solid. I do notice some body roll on twist windy roads, or uneven surfaces but I think that's due to the elevated ride height. I guessing a good set of fox shock will help improve this as I'm currently running the rough country shocks. I did have the steering TSB done and that really helped the wandering before the lift and I'm running 32 psi in the ridge grapplers.

OP
OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I am not sure it is my case with shocks.. anyway

I ended up ordered adjustable sway bar link (Front) as ICON uses rear factory sway bar to front and also adjustable lower control arm.. so hopefully this helps (finger crossed)

and I have also noticed the steering wheel is very slightly crocked.. I used pretty reputable alignment shop.. but guess they are not so good with JEEP.

we don't have enough good shops in Seattle... this sucks

22Mag

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Willy's
and I have also noticed the steering wheel is very slightly crocked.. I used pretty reputable alignment shop.. but guess they are not so good with JEEP.

Fixing the crooked steering wheel is a simple fix with the drag link. Just google it and it takes all of 5 minutes to fix it. After my lift was installed and alignment done my wheel was cocked to the left a bit, a simple drag link adjustment and it was straight. Maybe I'm more picked than other folks, but a non straight steering wheel drives me nuts.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'd hardly call .2mm a decent amount of toe out, that's about as near to 0 as you can get. 1/130 of an inch. You'd never even see that with a drive way tape measure alignment.
4mm total toe out that is over 1/8th of an inch. Jeep will handle much better with toe-in, not out.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
4mm total toe out that is over 1/8th of an inch. Jeep will handle much better with toe-in, not out.
You're looking at the before measurements...under current measurements total toe is -.2mm. Thus the measurement is green aka within spec as that's virtually 0 toe.

roamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie outback toad, pusher motorhome
<snip>

If you want to take a ferry ride, maybe consider Northridge?

Several of my previous co-workers who had Wranglers would actually make the trip from the eastside to Silverdale.

I believe they do their own alignments ...don't farm them out. One guy told me they're not too friendly but all their techs are excellent ...that's what counts the most, I suppose.

Northridge4x4

Northridge Facebook

Location map

OP
OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
If you want to take a ferry ride, maybe consider Northridge?

Several of my previous co-workers who had Wranglers would actually make the trip from the eastside to Silverdale.

I believe they do their own alignments ...don't farm them out. One guy told me they're not too friendly but all their techs are excellent ...that's what counts the most, I suppose.

Northridge4x4

Northridge Facebook

Location map
You are right on not being so friendly but they are cool enough, i drove their few times but they are booked for next couple months

Fast4by

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2dr
More Caster like the others mentioned..... i literally just did this yesterday.
I went with JKS J-Flex Adjustable Control Arms and set my Caster to 6.0 dr and 6.2 pass.
With 4" lift and 35s it was super smooth and straight at 70+ mph.
I'd go as far as saying its better than factory now.

gbassett65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2021 Jeep RUBICON UNLIMITED

I have following mods

- 2.5 inch stage 3 ICON lift with track bar and lower control arm (front)
- 37" YOKO Geolander 37/12.5/17
- Teraflex Falkon adjustable Steering Stabilizer

- Just got done alignment and moved axle front and rear to center
- 35 psi pressure

and jeep drives pretty well under 50mph and as soon as you hit around 60mph, jeep sways left and right and every time I try to correct the steering, the say gets larger so I have to hit the brake to slow down

I have 2021 so I should have updated steering box and now I am scared to driver 60mph and up.

any suggestion? I will try out 30psi today and see, but I am not sure if it will be fixed

thank you!!
I had a similar issue with 35 in tires, over 65 mph ws a white knuckle thrill ride. Saw people mentioning a chalk test on my tires (dealer had them at 37 psi. Found a flat parking lot and kept letting air out at 2psi intervals and at 28psi the wntire tire made contact with the pavement. Set all 4 at 28psi and it was a completely new vehicle. Now I look at the soedo and find myself doing 75 to 78 and not realizing it. Handles great. Mopar 2” suspension lift and 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You're looking at the before measurements...under current measurements total toe is -.2mm. Thus the measurement is green aka within spec as that's virtually 0 toe.

Oooops - thanks for pointing that out. My bad. I replied from my phone and didn't scroll the image down enough. Agreed that there is not much improvement to be had with toe as is.

OP
OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
https://ecri.app/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4Im...GnJ4CYagYpe8rTbuN-mjM5ETtaxwKo68aAnw5EALw_wcB

A buddy of mine makes this program. He has been designing it for a few years and my older 2 door jk was one of his test vehicles. There are several apps that do the same thing but what I like about his is you can do multiple vehicles so long as you have the unlock for it.
I purchased the unit and I finally get it going... guess what!! they ask me to pay another 49.99 to save the setting.. is this some kind of scam? WTF?!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I purchased the unit and I finally get it going... guess what!! they ask me to pay another 49.99 to save the setting.. is this some kind of scam? WTF?!
So it requires you buy the unit and the unlock for your specific vehicle. If you read the page it states this. You can use the unit for multiple vehicles but you've got to buy the unlock for each vehicle. It's def not a scam.

If you've purchased the lifetime unlock for that vehicle it should let you save them.

OP
OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
So it requires you buy the unit and the unlock for your specific vehicle. If you read the page it states this. You can use the unit for multiple vehicles but you've got to buy the unlock for each vehicle. It's def not a scam.
May be I didn't read it through... if that's the case Tazer lite can be a better option.... with similar price and more function....
Sponsored