OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Which software tools do you recommend? And also looks like alignment shop aligned my caster yo 4degree
Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Which software tools do you recommend? And also looks like alignment shop aligned my caster yo 4degree
I would bet you have better than 4 degrees since LCAs are fixed length specific for this lift. Not sure what length they are but you will not be able to adjust to gain more caster.

OP
OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I am buying that tool!! As far as caster i will try to take a photo of alignment sheet and upload hete

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I am buying that tool!! As far as caster i will try to take a photo of alignment sheet and upload hete
Perfect. Pics always welcome :)

also check JScan app and dongle for programming. There is a ton of threads on here discussing it.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I dropped tire pressure to 30psi.. I will test is later today, but you guys could be right.. ALignment was done per factory spec.. and this could be the reason..

the only thing I hate about lower tire pressure is TPMS warning light on the dash.. I can't justify spending 300 plus to buy tazer to get rid of it
Tazer Lite is $219 and if you only need the basic functions, especially disable ESS it's a great choice, love mine!

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
A few things I wanted to mention to the OP, since the Icon Stage 3 lift was on my short list (didn't buy it), and I use Icon's front/rear track bars, which at included in the Stage 3 on my lift.

1 - There is nothing really to align after an Icon Stage 3 lift. The control arms are fixed length (nothing to change caster, unless you mess up with cam washers/bolts. Tierod is not touched during the install (so toe stays the same). You center the axles with the track bars and center the steering wheel. That is it. And both can be done without an alignment rack.

Also *** be aware *** I called/email ICON directly and their front LCA is 24 and 1/4"- that exactly the length of the MOPAR 2" Lift LCA, even though ICON usually gives you a higher lift by ~3/4". So your caster will be less than ideal.

2 - It is *very* important to torque the mounting bolts (to Jeep torque specs) *and* the adjustment lock bolts (per Icon's instruction - align the adjust slit with clamp slit and torque alternating). Put torque paint lines on the bolts and make sure they are not moving. I repeat, it is not trivial to lock in those track bars properly.

3 - Your tire pressure with almost all 37 inch tires should be in the 28-30 psi range.

4 - The sway links that come with the ICON lift (rear() are on the longer range of for the amount of lift you get and you move the rear (really long) to the front. That means that your front an rear sway bars are "looser" than before the lift. I suggest you try to buy (e.e. Quadratec sells them for like $20) that Mopar lift swaybar links. OR, try putting your stock front ones on the front for a quick test - on the road only, if you go off-road you risk inverting them. I'll guarantee your Jeep will sway less.

Good luck.

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
I’m running stage 3 Icon on 2019 JLU Sport with 35’s (Nitto Ridge Grapplers). No swaying at all at high speeds on freeway

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I drive 85 with ease , no issues letting dynamic cruise work . 6° caster and 3/16 toe with 40s and 1tons

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
We have been running the Icon stage 3 for just over year now on our 18 jlur rubicon with 37s and have no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

parkhs0316

First Name
Heong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
And how did you get cast to be 6 degree with icon lower control arm? Mine is at 4.25

RIVICON

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2006 Tacoma, 1991 Z28 406ci Turbski
Guys and Gals, there's a TSB that addresses this issue. TSB 08-074-20 Steering Wander. If your Jeep has an aluminum steering box and you're still under warranty then the box is replaced with a steel one and the software for the steering unit is updated. A way to know if you have an aluminum steering box or not is if it's gray in color then it's aluminum. If it's black in color then it's the upgraded steel box. The steering box is located on the bottom driver's side of the engine compartment bolted to the frame. Some folks have been buying the Synergy steering brace and say that fixes the issue as well.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Guys and Gals, there's a TSB that addresses this issue. TSB 08-074-20 Steering Wander. If your Jeep has an aluminum steering box and you're still under warranty then the box is replaced with a steel one and the software for the steering unit is updated. A way to know if you have an aluminum steering box or not is if it's gray in color then it's aluminum. If it's black in color then it's the upgraded steel box. The steering box is located on the bottom driver's side of the engine compartment bolted to the frame. Some folks have been buying the Synergy steering brace and say that fixes the issue as well.
OP has a 2021. They come with the new cast iron box.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Raising the rear track bar bracket made a big difference on the higher speed swaying that you are describing. Lifting the jeep changes the roll center, raising the axel side of the rear track bar gets it closer to where it was. Out of all the mods I have done this one probably made the most improvement in the way the Jeep handled at highway speeds.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2021 Jeep RUBICON UNLIMITED

I have following mods

- 2.5 inch stage 3 ICON lift with track bar and lower control arm (front)
- 37" YOKO Geolander 37/12.5/17
- Teraflex Falkon adjustable Steering Stabilizer

- Just got done alignment and moved axle front and rear to center
- 35 psi pressure

and jeep drives pretty well under 50mph and as soon as you hit around 60mph, jeep sways left and right and every time I try to correct the steering, the say gets larger so I have to hit the brake to slow down

I have 2021 so I should have updated steering box and now I am scared to driver 60mph and up.

any suggestion? I will try out 30psi today and see, but I am not sure if it will be fixed

thank you!!
check your caster should be around 6, also have someone go thru and make sure every thing in your friend end is torqued down
Sponsored