UtahRubi

UtahRubi

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Today I received a nice call from Doug Johnson who handles the Mopar account for Katzkin. Doug is a nice guy who truly wanted to help me out and make this process go smoothly. He offered to assist with the install and even went as far as to offer that we should just start over with a new set of skins. I didn't think that was necessary but he said to get the best results a new set was needed. We are in the process of working out the details. I thought Doug and the folks at Katzkin deserved a shout out for going the extra mile and reaching out based on a post on this forum. Thanks Doug! It was great speaking with you and I greatly appreciate your help!
Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Today I received a nice call from Doug Johnson who handles the Mopar account for Katzkin. Doug is a nice guy who truly wanted to help me out and make this process go smoothly. He offered to assist with the install and even went as far as to offer that we should just start over with a new set of skins. I didn't think that was necessary but he said to get the best results a new set was needed. We are in the process of working out the details. I thought Doug and the folks at Katzkin deserved a shout out for going the extra mile and reaching out based on a post on this forum. Thanks Doug! It was great speaking with you and I greatly appreciate your help!
Thanks for the follow-up! For those of us on the fence, knowing that there's support from the vendor and from Jeep makes a big difference. Honestly, Katzkin has a pretty long record of making it right at this point, but I'm pretty gratified to see Jeep caring, too.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
You guys know you can order leather fromthe factory right? Or wait until one becomes available?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@BlackRook

I believe that you read that post wrong. OP was referring to a Katskin employee handling Mopar accounts. Again, a Katskin employee.

Yes, good that Katskin is involved and going to make things right for the OP.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
@BlackRook

I believe that you read that post wrong. OP was referring to a Katskin employee handling Mopar accounts. Again, a Katskin employee.

Yes, good that Katskin is involved and going to make things right for the OP.
Ah, you're right, you're right. I should've known better, lol...

Sponsored

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You guys know you can order leather fromthe factory right? Or wait until one becomes available?
There are even 2 options to order Katzkin directly from the factory. Option CBS and CBQ. These are not customizable like our field installed product, but designs are producing based off preferences of the designers at Jeep.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
There are even 2 options to order Katzkin directly from the factory. Option CBS and CBQ. These are not customizable like our field installed product, but designs are producing based off preferences of the designers at Jeep.
No, no,
It wasnt meant to disparage. You make a great product. My take is- Like it or not , when its OEM at the factory, its the first install on the foam so , anchors are cutting into fresh foam, and that truck isnt leaving the factory if the leather doesnt look perfect. When you get duped test driving a JL that some newb just has to have it that day and the dealer says “ oh we can swap that out just sign here” its honestly a bad move . Sorry but it is. U less you want a super custom color or texture , to swap for OEM leather is just not a great idea.

OP
OP
UtahRubi

UtahRubi

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just wanted to give this thread an update. Doug Johnson @ Katzkin came through for me in a big way! Doug worked with Cody Eckherdt (hope I spelled your last name correctly Cody!) at Larry H. Miller Jeep in Sandy, UT to get my interior where it needed to be! Doug sent out a complete new kit with the stitching and colors I originally wanted. Cody's team took care of the install and did a GREAT job! The service I received from both parties was exceptional and definitely above and beyond what I had expected. The fit of the Katzkin kit was great and Cody's tech Ian took his time to do it right. I couldn't be happier! Kudos to all that came to my rescue! Thanks again for working with me!

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Hi y'all,
I just picked up a 2018 JLU Rubicon and I love it!! However, I don't have good things to say about my post purchase experience. I'm not one to complain but there are a few things that just can't go unheard. I purchased black Katzkin's with red stitching with red Rubicon logo to match the interior of my Bright White Rubi. I purchased these through the dealer at the time of the vehicle purchase. The skins I received were all black stitching (no red) with only the Rubicon logo being in red. I opted to move forward with the install anyway. The installation was absolutely nothing short of terrible. Here's the rundown:
  • All seats are severely wrinkled and stretching is minimal with a very baggy fit.
  • Headrest covers are lop sided with a small tool puncture through the drivers side rear seat headrest.
  • Dealer broke a bolt taking out one of the seats and that had to be drilled out. (irritated me because the rig only had 900 miles on it when this happened. I purchased it with 416 miles on it).
  • Plastic molding that surrounds the seat/headrest take down lever on the driver side rear seat was completely broken in the install. Dealer has ordered the new part.
  • Katzkin cover was not sufficiently fitted under the headrest levers and is starting to come out.
  • If possible the drivers side seat seems slightly raised in height vs the passengers side with the lever adjusted all the way down.
  • The dealer said they would get tight as I used them and they see more heat but this is not happening and the seats look like crap.
Here are my questions:
  • Should I go back to the close seats to get a tight seat covering? I have a yellow lab that drools hence the want for leather seats for ease of clean up.
  • Is the "factory leather" different than the Katzkin's? I originally wanted the factory leather. I have seen other leather seats in JL's and they look super tight fitting.
Thanks all for your input!

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg
@Katzkin

Any comments on this Katzkin?
Sorry for our tardy forum response on this issue, we have made some adjustments and we were not monitoring the forum. UtahRubi, a private message has been sent to you also.
As was previously mentioned, this is not the quality of work we like to see during the installation of our product. Furthermore, we will work with UtahRubi to correct the issues.
Just wanted to give this thread an update. Doug Johnson @ Katzkin came through for me in a big way! Doug worked with Cody Eckherdt (hope I spelled your last name correctly Cody!) at Larry H. Miller Jeep in Sandy, UT to get my interior where it needed to be! Doug sent out a complete new kit with the stitching and colors I originally wanted. Cody's team took care of the install and did a GREAT job! The service I received from both parties was exceptional and definitely above and beyond what I had expected. The fit of the Katzkin kit was great and Cody's tech Ian took his time to do it right. I couldn't be happier! Kudos to all that came to my rescue! Thanks again for working with me!

Had the same issue a while back with a horrible dealership install. Katzkin and Doug stepped in and contacted me as well and fixed everything. I’ve seen katzkin step in and make it right. Great company and customer service

AC7F17B5-C632-4490-8F0A-1BDAAD66FC2B.jpeg

F137B754-5985-4EE6-97B7-506F8BED60C0.jpeg

3AF4ACD3-FE85-4472-9224-CD08FD303E18.jpeg

Sponsored

AmericanMule

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Bright White 3.6L
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same issue a while back with a horrible dealership install. Katzkin and Doug stepped in and contacted me as well and fixed everything. I’ve seen katzkin step in and make it right. Great company and customer service

AC7F17B5-C632-4490-8F0A-1BDAAD66FC2B.jpeg

F137B754-5985-4EE6-97B7-506F8BED60C0.jpeg

3AF4ACD3-FE85-4472-9224-CD08FD303E18.jpeg
This looks amazing. Great design. Do they have an option for the center console?

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
This looks amazing. Great design. Do they have an option for the center console?
They do not have the center console or armrests. I had a custom automotive upholstery shop install mine. They bought matching material and did our (door) armrests and center armrest.

AmericanMule

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Bright White 3.6L
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
They do not have the center console or armrests. I had a custom automotive upholstery shop install mine. They bought matching material and did our (door) armrests and center armrest.
That's pretty slick. Yeah didn't see it before you mentioned it. Money well spent.
Sponsored