Sponsored

Another Autopark problem

CDHarris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Today, I got into my JLU Sahara at the office to back out of my parking spot. Seat belt on, doors closed. I was in reverse about 10 feet out when a car came zooming down the isle from my left. The safety beepers screamed and I hit the brakes hard and stopped. The other car passed me by and I started to backup again but the Jeep would not move. I looked down and the shifter showed that it was in R but blinking. The info screen said "Autopark, shift to Park and then to Drive or Reverse". I tried this several times but it kept going back into Autopark and would not move. I turned the engine completely off and started over twice, but same result. Third time, it went into reverse and I drove home without any further problem. My seatbelt was on and the doors shut the entire time. What happened? Does this have something to do with the Blind Spot Monitor or the Rear Cross Path detector? The beeper did go off and I slammed on the brakes hard when it when into Autopark the first time. I just wish i knew how to easily get it out of Autopark as i was stuck halfway out of my spot for 5 minutes.
Sponsored

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
I personally have not experinced this. I also didn’t think the cross traffic sensors would engage auto break. But maybe there is a threshold or something where it does. I’m curious to hear if you find out if it’s expected or a glitch. Regardless glad you had the safety package and avoided the wreck!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I personally have not experinced this. I also didn’t think the cross traffic sensors would engage auto break. But maybe there is a threshold or something where it does. I’m curious to hear if you find out if it’s expected or a glitch. Regardless glad you had the safety package and avoided the wreck!
Yes, no automatic collision mitigation braking on the wranglers yet but maybe soon.

OP
OP

CDHarris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Maybe the Autopark engaged because I hit the brakes so hard and stopped so suddenly while in reverse? And is there a simple and quick way to get out of Autopark?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Maybe the Autopark engaged because I hit the brakes so hard and stopped so suddenly while in reverse? And is there a simple and quick way to get out of Autopark?
Sounds like you did everything right. AutoPark feature should not activate until you take your foot off the brake.

The AutoPark feature and ParkSense feature should be completely indepenent but the owner’s manual mentions something odd in the AutoPark section:

NOTE: In some cases the ParkSense graphic will be displayed in the instrument cluster. In these cases, the shifter must be returned to “P” to select desired gear

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
The more of these little whiz-bang "features" that the kiddie engineers at Jeep add to vehicles, the more of these strange problems we should expect to see. Just makes me glad that I ordered a manual transmission base model so to minimize as much as possible how I'm subjected to their idiocy.
Sponsored