Sponsored

Another 3.6L rear main seal leak [ not a rear main seal - front transmission pump seal? ]

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Years ago, the thinking was, when one has a failure which is a negative, then offer the customer excellent service. This in turn makes it into a positive. Today, it just seems to be a double negative, which just adds fuel to the fire..very sad..
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago, the thinking was, when one has a failure which is a negative, then offer the customer excellent service. This in turn makes it into a positive. Today, it just seems to be a double negative, which just adds fuel to the fire..very sad..
I find I'm often received as if I'm bringing someone a problem, rather than asking for assistance (independent of warranty status).

I think this pivot in reception of work from customers is very telling and has a lot to do with the type of service experience a shop offers.

Unfortunately it's rare (at least in my area) to find a shop that receives its customers concerns and issues in a positive manner.

OP
OP

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I find I'm often received as if I'm bringing someone a problem, rather than asking for assistance (independent of warranty status).

I think this pivot in reception of work from customers is very telling and has a lot to do with the type of service experience a shop offers.

Unfortunately it's rare (at least in my area) to find a shop that receives its customers concerns and issues in a positive manner.
Agreed. While walking through their shop I asked "this is where the magic happens?"... His response was "this is where we deal with angry customers' problems". That's who is working on my vehicle. Sigh

OP
OP

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Well, I now have a case number via JeepCares. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
JeepCares really did nothing for me. Followed up with the dealership a couple of times and only left me one voicemail. Couldn't get in touch with the case manager. He's never available.

Turns out the dealer needed another part after the fluid pump came in... Some gasket. Like, isn't this stuff part of Service Data? Shouldn't they know ahead of time which miscellaneous parts are needed to replace part X? Gaskets, c-clips, etc...

Anyways, finally got it back today. Everything seems good. Knock on wood.

Should I look for some sort of compensation here? A month's payment or anything? I feel like this while ordeal is worth at least that... Or is trying for that a waste of time?

They didn't even fill my tank or wash it :(

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
One more note here for completeness... It sounded like my jeep had an intake installed. I thought I was just imagining it. Couldn't shake and popped the hood.... The intake tube was not slipped onto the throttle body all the way and the band wasn't even hand tight. Slipped it on all the way and tightened the band. No more CAI sound. SMH. At least it's done.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
JeepCares really did nothing for me. Followed up with the dealership a couple of times and only left me one voicemail. Couldn't get in touch with the case manager. He's never available.

Turns out the dealer needed another part after the fluid pump came in... Some gasket. Like, isn't this stuff part of Service Data? Shouldn't they know ahead of time which miscellaneous parts are needed to replace part X? Gaskets, c-clips, etc...

Anyways, finally got it back today. Everything seems good. Knock on wood.

Should I look for some sort of compensation here? A month's payment or anything? I feel like this while ordeal is worth at least that... Or is trying for that a waste of time?

They didn't even fill my tank or wash it :(
Lots of stuff used to come with gaskets and now doesn’t. The parts supply system is really bad right now.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
its not just the 3.6, my diesel has the same leak.

OP
OP

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Lots of stuff used to come with gaskets and now doesn’t. The parts supply system is really bad right now.
Understood. I'd be less frustrated if the dealer at least took it up on themselves to help me understand this. Without me having to document the process in a forum and ask questions I can only hope would be answered. I got absolutely nothing from them, not even a "sorry for the inconvenience".

Trust me, I get it, we are all dependent on someone or something else for something. But when a customer is involved, make them feel like they're in good hands. Communicate with them and don't leave their intake tube loose.

JeepCares never followed up with me either after all this. Never even told me my car was ready.

OP
OP

shad0w77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
its not just the 3.6, my diesel has the same leak.
God speed my friend. Use allmoparparts too. They may be able to get u a list of dealers that have the parts u need. Good dudes over there and were super helpful.
Sponsored