Annoying Uconnect text notifications

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
ANY chance you know how to have texts notification show up on screen but without a voice saying "You have a text from blah blah blah"? I still want a notification but I just don't want it saying the text message thing. I'd love to replace it with a quiet beep but I see no options. I have searched everywhere and can not find a solution other than disabling everything and that defeats the purpose.
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sahara Wrangler
I'm not sure you can get the one without the other. I know on an iPhone you can turn off notifications under the bluetooth connection, but then that also disables the notifications. I would love to be notified visually without that loud announcement.

OP
OP
Skdoosh

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On past GM vehicles, it was a setting within the stereo itself. The last jeep I had did not have Bluetooth so I didnt have this issue. With the developers making sure there were 20 different "themes" for my screen (which are almost impossible to notice), I can't believe they overlooked something like this.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
On past GM vehicles, it was a setting within the stereo itself. The last jeep I had did not have Bluetooth so I didnt have this issue. With the developers making sure there were 20 different "themes" for my screen (which are almost impossible to notice), I can't believe they overlooked something like this.
Apparently just something more to complain about! Go back to GM where everything is perfect.

OP
OP
Skdoosh

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently just something more to complain about! Go back to GM where everything is perfect.

Actually, not complaining about Jeep and I I could complain all day about GM - that's why I got tired of having one in my driveway. Considering this is my 6th Jeep, I'd say I prefer them over any vehicle out there. But as a technical engineer, I was surprised by the oversight in the design of the features of the Uconnect system. I would assume this is a code fix that could easily been applied in an update if there is a desire for the update. I just want all Jeep owners to have the best experience possible.

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Actually, not complaining about Jeep and I I could complain all day about GM - that's why I got tired of having one in my driveway. Considering this is my 6th Jeep, I'd say I prefer them over any vehicle out there. But as a technical engineer, I was surprised by the oversight in the design of the features of the Uconnect system. I would assume this is a code fix that could easily been applied in an update if there is a desire for the update. I just want all Jeep owners to have the best experience possible.
Iā€™m with you on that stupid 20 background themes that you can barely see any differences, what a waste! As advanced as Uconnect is supposed to be there are some interesting issues. Iā€™m one of the few that have had no issues that Iā€™m aware of. Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
Skdoosh

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps only get better and better and hopefully Uconnect will be the same. I get what they were intending for the themes, I just don't think the concept is fully developed yet. Couple small tweaks and I think the Uconnect will be one of the best on the market and give Jeep owners more toys to play with.

Thanks and happy to be here!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
ANY chance you know how to have texts notification show up on screen but without a voice saying "You have a text from blah blah blah"? I still want a notification but I just don't want it saying the text message thing. I'd love to replace it with a quiet beep but I see no options. I have searched everywhere and can not find a solution other than disabling everything and that defeats the purpose.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored