damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested in what you find. I have what seems to be the same rattle/squeak. I have a soft top on right now. I never noticed it with the hard top on, but it has been a while since I have had the hard top on.
Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
SkyTop back...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to have a friend drive later and sit in the back and see if I can track it down.

I'll report back what I find.
With my hardtop off the passenger side rear door catch kind of clunks/rattles within the receiver piece in door? Maybe....

Audell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara sky top
SkyTop back...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to have a friend drive later and sit in the back and see if I can track it down.

I'll report back what I find.
Hey,

I have a 2019 Sahara with SkyTop and had the same issue. The dealership identified it as the rear window not being locked in place in the trunk area + they also applied lube to the powertop area a few times. Its been about a month and the squeaky rattle has not come back!

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I can ensure you once you worked hard to eliminate one "pop"/"rattle"/"squeak"/"creak"/"dang", there will be another one pop up if not louder.

At some point, you just need to accept this is a Jeep, and built like a truck. You will never achieve that inner tranquility like a Mercedes or Audi.
Yes, you’re right. But all of my squeaks/rattles I’ve had were strictly from the hard top. Nothing some foam tape, felt pads, and silicone grease couldn’t fix. Now I’ve been riding around over a year in a silent, squeak free cabin. Guess I can consider myself lucky lol

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I am interested in what you find. I have what seems to be the same rattle/squeak. I have a soft top on right now. I never noticed it with the hard top on, but it has been a while since I have had the hard top on.
I had a really come up after installing the soft top, sounds like a loose screw rolling around in the roll bar. I think I have it narrowed down to the front end of the track that the soft top goes into. There is a a small spring in there, not sure what else. The windows surrounds need to be removed to take that apart and I have just been too busy to do that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey,

I have a 2019 Sahara with SkyTop and had the same issue. The dealership identified it as the rear window not being locked in place in the trunk area + they also applied lube to the powertop area a few times. Its been about a month and the squeaky rattle has not come back!
Yes ^^ I took the side truck windows (whatever those things are called) off today and the rattle was gone. Since driving without the rear windows isn't possible all winter long, do you know how they fixed it at the dealer? Waiting for summer to end before making an appointment...

Audell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara sky top
Yes ^^ I took the side truck windows (whatever those things are called) off today and the rattle was gone. Since driving without the rear windows isn't possible all winter long, do you know how they fixed it at the dealer? Waiting for summer to end before making an appointment...
Pretty sure they just re-aligned them into the slot and tightened the bolts as tight as possible. They had come loose which was causing the initial rattle. Whenever we take them out and put them back in, we just tighten them really really good now, and the rattling seems to have stopped.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Pretty sure they just re-aligned them into the slot and tightened the bolts as tight as possible. They had come loose which was causing the initial rattle. Whenever we take them out and put them back in, we just tighten them really really good now, and the rattling seems to have stopped.
What exactly are you tightening? I only have 2 latches along the top that secure them to the fixed SkyTop

Gstylesinc

First Name
Chen wu huang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2.0
My right side rear panel have the jiggle sound coming out. Later I found out is the handle problem

6D7E630F-246C-4D6A-92AC-8328BFD9B590.jpeg

Dengar

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JKU, 2019 JLU Rubicon
I had similar noise from the rear cargo area but mine was more like constant tacky noise.
Turns out it was the tail gate rubbing against the rubber of the rear window.
Thanks to @Arterius2, Teflone tape like in the picture solved the problem :)
https://www.amazon.com/5430-PTFE-UHMW-width-length/dp/B007Y7ESCI/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=3m+5430&qid=1562693701&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1
THANK YOU. I also figured out that this was the spot that was making the annoying sound... and I just ordered the Teflon Tape. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
THANK YOU. I also figured out that this was the spot that was making the annoying sound... and I just ordered the Teflon Tape. Much appreciated.
It’s rather interesting and awesome that this was the culprit of so many rattles.
Glad it worked out.

desmosurf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
It’s that stupid plastic piece between the bar and the hardtop, I had it on both sides. It took me having my friend drive while i investigated. I put a piece of duck tape until I get a better solution going. People are ass hats. Hope this helps!

C14A9F04-60E3-4D2F-9C23-12D294FD7F38.jpeg
I have the same issue. Dealer replaced both sides and the new ones rattle just as bad.

99mhz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
It’s that stupid plastic piece between the bar and the hardtop, I had it on both sides. It took me having my friend drive while i investigated. I put a piece of duck tape until I get a better solution going. People are ass hats. Hope this helps!

C14A9F04-60E3-4D2F-9C23-12D294FD7F38.jpeg
Both of those rattled on mine too. Ripped them both out :) its just hiding a drain hose. I'd rather see the hoses than hear the covers! Mine was held on by a few pieces of double sided foam tape.

JLJS74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4DR JL