Annoying rattle solved for about 4 cents

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So I've been meaning to pull off the grab handles on the pillars and find out the knocky rattley sound inside them. Turns out the noise was coming from the little clip in covers that need to pop off to access the bolts fastening the grab handles. So I put a piece of gorilla tape on the underside of the cover trimmed it so you cannot see it and snapped them back on.
Problem got kind of crazy going over washboard roads in Death Valley this last trip. Now, zero movement in any of those clip in covers! !!

20191213_153003.jpg
Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Good for you!.. I know what it's like to have an annoying little rattle, then the satisfaction of fixing it!

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I’m having rattling noise but mine sounds like it’s from the seat belt area

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I’m having rattling noise but mine sounds like it’s from the seat belt area

Look at the top side of the driver seat on the wall just behind the roll bar. There's a plastic cover thingy that just snaps on. Mine gets loose and rattles every once in a while. I just snap it back in place.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
The great thing about fixing one rattle, is it gives you the opportunity to fix another one, that you couldn't hear due to the first one.
I guess it's a Jeep thing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The great thing about fixing one rattle, is it no gives you the opportunity to fix another one, that you couldn't hear due to the first one.
I guess it's a Jeep thing!
oh mine makes a variety of noises! which I'm fine with! This one slappy rattle going over washboard was going to make me insane tho.

Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
Look at the top side of the driver seat on the wall just behind the roll bar. There's a plastic cover thingy that just snaps on. Mine gets loose and rattles every once in a while. I just snap it back in place.
Everything seems to be in place, can you take a pic of where you are talking about?

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
Solved part of the rattle issue thanks to this post, the upper cover on the passenger grab handle is now quiet thanks to a small dab of silicone sealant. But I still had a rattle over washboard/gravel roads and it turned out to be the passenger sunvisor chittering against the top of the windshield frame when in the stowed position. A couple small pieces of single sided foam tape on the visor and everything is quiet.
Sponsored