Annoying plastic rattle

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I’ve been having this annoying vibrating rattle right by the driver seat belt area and the rear trunk. I showed the service department where the rattle from the trunk is coming from and they refuse to fix it. I showed them pictures and instead of replacing the trim, they replaced the door handle... problems after problems. Help please @JeepCares

2DB53B44-EC1D-44BF-8632-BC13E201D768.jpeg
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been having this annoying vibrating rattle right by the driver seat belt area and the rear trunk. I showed the service department where the rattle from the trunk is coming from and they refuse to fix it. I showed them pictures and instead of replacing the trim, they replaced the door handle... problems after problems. Help please @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL Annoying plastic rattle 2DB53B44-EC1D-44BF-8632-BC13E201D768
You positive that is it? More than not it is the sound of tailgate vibrating again rubber trim around window on hardtop. Most people put a strip of clear 3M tape across inside top edge of tailgate.

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Try applying a little bit of grease to your door latches. Not the metal hoop attach to the body but the latch itself in the door I almost tore apart that pillar to try and locate a rattle and it was the latches.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Had a nasty rattle turned out to be my
M&P Compact in the glove compartment. Thankfully Gibson Leather has a fix coming.

OP
OP

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You positive that is it? More than not it is the sound of tailgate vibrating again rubber trim around window on hardtop. Most people put a strip of clear 3M tape across inside top edge of tailgate.
I had someone drive and sat in the back and saw that trim hitting the metal so I’m pretty sure it is, as far as the driver side seat belt area I can’t figure it out.

OP
OP

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try applying a little bit of grease to your door latches. Not the metal hoop attach to the body but the latch itself in the door I almost tore apart that pillar to try and locate a rattle and it was the latches.
Are you referring to the trunk or the driver door?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

2DB53B44-EC1D-44BF-8632-BC13E201D768.jpeg
I was having rattle on certain bumps, sounded like coming from pillar between the two doors. Thought it was seatbelt adjuster but that wasn’t it. Today we went wheeling without top and doors and no rattle. Ended up being the outside door handles.
I haven’t tore into it yet to see what the fix is, but just knowing where it’s coming from makes it not bother me as bad, lol.
If you get a chance, pull the doors off and see if rattle is still there......... :) .

Sponsored

OP
OP

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was having rattle on certain bumps, sounded like coming from pillar between the two doors. Thought it was seatbelt adjuster but thot wasn’t it. Today we went wheeling without top and doors and no rattle. Ended up being the outside door handles.
If you get a chance, pull the doors off and see if rattle is still there......... :) .
I thought it was the seat belt adjuster too, but if I squeeze the plastic trim around the seat belt adjuster that sound can’t be heard..

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that this has not been resolved for you! Feel free to send our team a private message for additional support during your next dealer visit. We would be happy to help!

Kathryn
JeepCares

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hi there, we are sorry to hear that this has not been resolved for you! Feel free to send our team a private message for additional support during your next dealer visit. We would be happy to help!

Kathryn
JeepCares
Is JeepCares a joke?

Met215

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Wrangler JL

I have the same exact rattle on back of my 2020 jlu. I know it’s the black plastic because it stops when you press it. Any luck fixing?????
Sponsored