Annoying jingling sound?

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Hi. Small issue, but increasingly annoying issue. Every time I go over a few bumps, I hear a jingling sound in my driver front door region near the front a pillar. It sounds like a bolt that has loosened with a washer that vibrates against the bolt or something. When I took the doors off for a few days, it stopped. So I think itā€™s in the driver door. I visually inspected all exterior bolts and connections and nothing seems loose. Any ideas??? #makeitstop
Sponsored

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sounds like you diagnosed it.... Probably need to pull the door panel to inspect ( wouldn't be the first time I've seen a broken or extra piece that's rattling inside a door)
Check to see if you have a warranty remaining ( 3 yr/ 36k bumper to bumper)... Could be a freebie

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi. Small issue, but increasingly annoying issue. Every time I go over a few bumps, I hear a jingling sound in my driver front door region near the front a pillar. It sounds like a bolt that has loosened with a washer that vibrates against the bolt or something. When I took the doors off for a few days, it stopped. So I think itā€™s in the driver door. I visually inspected all exterior bolts and connections and nothing seems loose. Any ideas??? #makeitstop
Hello BernJLUR,
If youā€™re unable to determine the cause of your concern based on the suggestions provided here, we kindly recommend connecting with your servicing dealer as they are in the best position to assist. If you decide to go this route, our team is available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.
Laura
JeepCares

OP
OP
BernJLUR

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but if it helps somebody in the future, it will be worth it. I found the cause of my jingling/rattling. I popped off the bottom piece of trim for the driverā€™s side A-pillar grab handle. Laying in there was the small bolt and washer that attaches the grab handle to the A-pillar. It mustā€˜ve unthreaded itself until it fell out. I screwed it back in and all good!

Helaman24

First Name
Helaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hey I also have a jingling sound, I am not sure where to start the door or the A-pillar on the driver side right behind my seat. I feel like the sound is coming at the bottom of my seat. Any pics?
Sponsored