Sponsored

Angry Grille for the JL...Love it or Hate it?

JL Angry Grille...YAY! or NAY!

• Total voters

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Oh noo..A random person didn't wave back at me, what am I going to do? :giggle: Oh yeah, keep paying the bill on a vehicle that is mine which allows me to keep doing whatever I want to do with it. :like:
Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I've just realized something. People who complain about angry Jeep faces are kinda like Vegans. You don't here people with angry Jeeps (meat eaters) saying "Ugh. Look at that stock grille. It's so boring and stock looking." But you sure as hell here stock Jeep facers (vegans) complaining and making it known for their dislike of angry faces.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
I've just realized something. People who complain about angry Jeep faces are kinda like Vegans. You don't here people with angry Jeeps (meat eaters) saying "Ugh. Look at that stock grille. It's so boring and stock looking." But you sure as hell here stock Jeep facers (vegans) complaining and making it known for their dislike of angry faces.
The angry grill is just the embodiment of the modern jeep ricer. And those of us who have been around a long time hate the direction it's going

If you like your angry grill cool. But the rest of us have to see it lol.

And they're not unique. They're to jeeps what altezza tail lights were to civics.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The angry grill is just the embodiment of the modern jeep ricer. And those of us who have been around a long time hate the direction it's going

If you like your angry grill cool. But the rest of us have to see it lol.

And they're not unique. They're to jeeps what altezza tail lights were to civics.
Jeeps sand trucks are the new civic. There is so much aftermarket support, it allows people who think they’re creative the ability to slap on ugly grills, lights and wheels/tires, all so the rest of us have to sit back and wonder where everything went so utterly wrong. I’m just hoping the gay squat half lift bullshit doesn’t come to Jeeps

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
When you're so weak minded that the mere sight of an angry grill hurts your feelings :CWL:
Reminds me of liberals and our president. Orange man bad!

Sponsored

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
When you're so weak minded that the mere sight of an angry grill hurts your feelings :CWL:
Reminds me of liberals and our president. Orange man bad!
Lol Ya those angry grills are so alternative right? You're such a ba putting the jeep ricer grill on hour rig Haha.

Your name is familiar... did you get run out of jko?

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Jeeps sand trucks are the new civic. There is so much aftermarket support, it allows people who think they’re creative the ability to slap on ugly grills, lights and wheels/tires, all so the rest of us have to sit back and wonder where everything went so utterly wrong. I’m just hoping the gay squat half lift bullshit doesn’t come to Jeeps
The scene has changed. Back in the day the guy on 33s with lockers was built and he built the jeep. He knew how to work on it. now that's how they come stock. Now you show up to a trail ride and you see guys on 40s and assume they know what they're doing. But it becomes apparent really quickly who does and who doesnt when you get out on the trail.

I sold all my modern jeeps (I'm on jeep numbers 31, 32, and 33) and bought a couple of cjs because while they're pretty terrible. At least they're more interesting than the angry eye rigs that are running around on stretched mud tires. I trail guide for the bantam festival and it's amazing how boring it is to walk through the show now. It's all gone ricer/show truck .

Our jl is my wife's daily and it's awesome. But even she hates the bro dozer bs.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
(Skipped whole thread to post this; may update later once I read the whole thread)

I think they look terrible... too “try-hard” for me. Like you’re trying to be a total badass.

Having said that, if I’m out wheeling somewhere and an angry jeep is stuck, I’d still pull him out.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The scene has changed. Back in the day the guy on 33s with lockers was built and he built the jeep. He knew how to work on it. now that's how they come stock. Now you show up to a trail ride and you see guys on 40s and assume they know what they're doing. But it becomes apparent really quickly who does and who doesnt when you get out on the trail.

I sold all my modern jeeps (I'm on jeep numbers 31, 32, and 33) and bought a couple of cjs because while they're pretty terrible. At least they're more interesting than the angry eye rigs that are running around on stretched mud tires. I trail guide for the bantam festival and it's amazing how boring it is to walk through the show now. It's all gone ricer/show truck .

Our jl is my wife's daily and it's awesome. But even she hates the bro dozer bs.
Yes!!! It appears a lot of people jump to building a highly capable rig, with tons, 40s, CO and long arm kits to be out wheeled by a 4 cylinder TJ on 35s and D30/D44 combo, not that there is anything wrong with the TJ. I really feel wheeling and tracking a race car are very similar. Its best to learn on a relatively basic set up to tune your abilities before the capability of the car/rig can get you in situations you cant get out of.

But, back to these ugly grills, it's really up to the person who owns, buys and builds their Jeep. But don't come to guys that actually use their Jeep for what its intended for, for support of it.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
(Skipped whole thread to post this; may update later once I read the whole thread)

I think they look terrible... too “try-hard” for me. Like you’re trying to be a total badass.

Having said that, if I’m out wheeling somewhere and an angry jeep is stuck, I’d still pull him out.
Oh ya no doubt.

I do get tired of wheeling with guys that paid to have their rigs built though. When they break it always ends up being someone like me having to fix them while they stand there.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Iconic doesn't mean it looks good. The stock 7 slots is just plain jane BORINGGGGGGGGG. Reminds me of all the other ugly Jeep SUVS and the original slow ass humvees
You were saying?

It screams look at me I need attention. Which is what the JL aftermarket products are catering to right now. There are still people who are more interested in what their Jeep can do, but the focus has shifted more to the what can I do to it.

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
You were saying?

It screams look at me I need attention. Which is what the JL aftermarket products are catering to right now. There are still people who are more interested in what their Jeep can do, but the focus has shifted more to the what can I do to it.
It's funny though. It highlights how sometimes less is more.

If you see a jeep with just the right things done to it next to the full on grumpered out rig. Ya the one built with taste doesnt make you go "jesus look at that thing" but it usually does make you go "oh that's a nice looking rig"

It's not just jeeps. Every vehicle culture has this The vette world is awash with vettes that people have poured thousands upon thousands of dollars into just to make them stand out. And by doing so often make them look terrible lol.

It's funny too. Guys get emotionally attached to things they spend their $ on. How often do you hear someone say "ya I'm not wild about that kid but I bought it so its staying on" wtf.

Weve all bought things we thought would look different/better. That's just part of learning. But leaving that terrible or odd looking change on the car just because you paid for it... that's the mental inflexibility that separates nice rigs from ugly ones.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It's not just jeeps. Every vehicle culture has this The vette world is awash with vettes that people have poured thousands upon thousands of dollars into just to make them stand out. And by doing so often make them look terrible lol.
Do you still have that Z06? I remember your uid from JU

I thought maybe we are just too old to get it, but looking at the poll numbers, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I still think that modifications should be about functional improvements. If it doesn't make something work better, then why do it.
Sponsored