Sponsored

Angry Grille for the JL...Love it or Hate it?

JL Angry Grille...YAY! or NAY!

• Total voters

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So there's a thread on FB asking when aftermarket retailers will start putting out "angry grilles" for the JL. What surprised me was the number of people that were posting negative comments about them. Personally, I think they look cool on past Wranglers and I'd consider one for my JL. I wonder, how many people love them and how many hate them? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the FB posters were just trolling, as is typical on FB, but I figured I'd throw out the question to get your thoughts.

So, do you like them, and, if so, would you buy one?
Sponsored

willy_28

First Name
guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
POST A PICTURE SO WE CAN VOTE!

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Yeah I’m waiting on a angry face also. On the right Jeep, it looks pretty nice. Just depends what look you are going for.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Personally, I hate them. That said, if you want it go for it, it's your Jeep and your $. Might as well get eyelashes for it too.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I see a ton of JKs driving around like this. Someone please reassure me that this abortion won’t be produced to fit the JL so my nightmares can stop.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I don't really see them often in person, so the first time I came across one, I thought it was interesting and considered it. I looked at more pictures and decided it wasn't for me, but my feeling is that the only person who has to be happy with your Jeep is you. Nobody else is making your loan payments or paying for your mods. I had a friend tell me he liked the plastic OEM bumper more than the stubby bumper I installed. I can't think of any car part where I prefer plastic to steel, but whatever. I like it, and it makes me happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I see a ton of JKs driving around like this. Someone please reassure me that this abortion won’t be produced to fit the JL so my nightmares can stop.
I like the grill the way it is....
These things look ridiculous, like a transformer. If that’s your thing then rock it.
See, it’s comments like this (and I especially LOVE the “abortion” quip) that make me feel like some members of this community reflect what’s wrong with society these days. Really, “abortion”???

I get when something isn’t you’re thing but damn. Really?

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not a fan of them. Seems to be common these days. Led light strips looking like angry eyebrows and the like. Seems like a microcosm of the confrontational nature of society in general. Jeeps can be badass without such overt means. When I was younger I most likely would have liked them a lot though. Things change.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
See, it’s comments like this (and I especially LOVE the “abortion” quip) that make me feel like some members of this community reflect what’s wrong with society these days. Really, “abortion”???

I get when something isn’t you’re thing but damn. Really?
Google it. See definition 2: an object or undertaking regarded by the speaker as unpleasant or badly made or carried out.

Yep. That’s a Jeep angry grille alright. I don’t like them. I feel that angry grilles are what’s wrong with society these days. We will have to agree to disagree. But if you only want comments agreeing with your viewpoint in the thread, please post a warning in the first post that you don’t care for dissenting opinion.

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I disagree with the angry grill look, she's all for it and wants it on her JL.

My take is this: I would prefer my Jeep to look and be capable. My view of that might differ from yours.

Whatever look you want, GO FOR IT. It's all about personal expression and having fun. In the end, I'll wheel with anyone.
Sponsored