Sponsored

Angry Grille for the JL...Love it or Hate it?

JL Angry Grille...YAY! or NAY!

• Total voters

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
NewJust a great feeling to spend 50k on a car and watch it turn yellow in a week. Ive got 300 miles. 2.0t sahara
On the plus side, it will be fixed under warranty, and in the end, you will have exactly what you wanted rather than settling for a plan B color and not being totally happy with it. It is definitely annoying, don't get me wrong, but I bought a new VW back in 2000. I ordered it in a limited edition color and babied it because it was my first new car ever. Then I watched interior parts lose their finish and fall apart while VW pretended that it wasn't happening. I fixed several things on that car out of pocket that VW said were not warranty issues only to have them offer to pay back the money years later *IF* people still had the receipts. At least Jeep is doing the right thing for all of the little issues that pop up rather than pretending they are not happening.
Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I would never destroy the front end of my JL like that. Its the best looking grille on a jeep IMO. Having said that, do what you will with yours. Your $.

I agree with the Noob guy, its an abortion (see previous post with definition, dont jump to conclusions). Probably an abomination too.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Haha it IS retarded. And that's just my opinion. I don't want to ruin everyone's day with my terrible, terrible, mean language.
I doubt it is retarded. It shouldn't affect the speed with which the jeep travels or makes decisions. lol

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
The angry grilles are ridiculously cheesy IMO. Maybe on an old beat up Wrangler. But on a new JL? Hell to the no.....

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Around me these things are on every bro-dozer you see. Can't toss a rock without hitting one. Usually there's after market rims and big tires (NOT the kind you'd want for real off-road, just the cheapest 37-40" tires available), a mild lift (2" if that), a bunch of huge light bars, and a cranky grill. Gaudy isn't the best word--it's the ONLY word.
I have a theory that many of these angry grilles weren't installed, but instead formed on their own because the Jeep got angry about being built for show instead of serious business. :)

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I was at Jeepfest in north GA last weekend with around 2500-3000 other Jeeps. One out of five JKs had the angry face it seemed. Just not a fan. Could never see doing that to my beautiful JL!

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
Personally I'm not a fan of the look. I guess I'm not really clear on the appeal to make ones car look like a caricature.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
After asking every vendor at sema, I got a response! Great news!
3BA556A0-B170-4796-AB68-DACD50EAFD00.jpeg

Sponsored

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
The look of your Jeep is personal and everyone should express themselves however they see fit (minus some rubber balls hanging off the trailer hitch I’ve gotta explain to my four year old...lol). However I vote no on angry eyes grill. It’s kind of played out and Jeep did a great job with the grill of the JL. I’d hate to hide a portion of the LED lights I paid for. However when I still had my JKUR I was eyeballing this grill. I’ve seen one on the road since and it was definitely an eye catcher

B18AB5AB-B715-4727-90B4-05440CD5997E.jpeg

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I agree, just like people who go aftermarket fenders with ugly tiny cheap led strips when the stock led fender is already gorgeous, however the stock 7 slots is just plain boringgggggggg

Yeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
First known angry face. Not really a fan of this one particular. I like the other style better.

A25C215A-0966-4A94-9466-81CA7320E49B.png
This must have been on an episode of “Pimp my Ride” from MTV back in the day.