Sponsored

Angry Grille for the JL...Love it or Hate it?

JL Angry Grille...YAY! or NAY!

• Total voters

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Hmmm... First question. Do you like the movie "The Fast and the Furious" and/or the other 20 sequals the made?

OR

Do you like the movie Bullitt?
i was around 21 when the first F&F came out. it was entertaining, yet stupid at the same time. just been more and more stupid ever since.

Bullitt had a great chase scene but was not a great movie either really.

Best car chase scene in a movie, to me, is in Ronin.
it actually had two killer car chase scenes.

Drive had a great chase scene with the Mustang too.

ok, enough off topic lol

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
i was around 21 when the first F&F came out. it was entertaining, yet stupid at the same time. just been more and more stupid ever since.

Bullitt had a great chase scene but was not a great movie either really.

Best car chase scene in a movie, to me, is in Ronin.
it actually had two killer car chase scenes.

Drive had a great chase scene with the Mustang too.

ok, enough off topic lol

Best car chase scene is in The Transporter. (I added to the off topic)

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Best car chase scene is in The Transporter. (I added to the off topic)
i was thinking about that movie as well. i couldnt really stand the movie so ive only seen it once. ill have to go back and re-watch the chase scenes at least lol. i do remember he was rocking a manual trans 7 series which is extra cool.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was thinking about that movie as well. i couldnt really stand the movie so ive only seen it once. ill have to go back and re-watch the chase scenes at least lol. i do remember he was rocking a manual trans 7 series which is extra cool.
I have watched it probably 10 times...and the chase scene is at the very beginning, so you could always just watch that part. :D

The Bourne movies had some decent chase scenes too but no particular ones that stand out in my mind.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

back on subject lol,

i was going to say earlier, i usually only see those grills on overly modded jeeps. like wannabe sema project jeeps. just got back from costco, there was one in the parking lot. every mod in the catalog. clean as a whistle without a scratch. looked like a show car/jeep. black with a ton of red accents. just overdone imo. my wife thought it looked gaudy

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I have watched it probably 10 times...and the chase scene is at the very beginning, so you could always just watch that part. :D

The Bourne movies had some decent chase scenes too but no particular ones that stand out in my mind.
The French Connection chase scene is another good one. Old school and no digital enhancements. Did I mention I hate angry bird and gladiator grills?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
back on subject lol,

i was going to say earlier, i usually only see those grills on overly modded jeeps. like wannabe sema project jeeps. just got back from costco, there was one in the parking lot. every mod in the catalog. clean as a whistle without a scratch. looked like a show car/jeep. black with a ton of red accents. just overdone imo. my wife thought it looked gaudy
Noooo!!!! Great car chase scenes is a MUCH better topic!

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
back on subject lol,

Around me these things are on every bro-dozer you see. Can't toss a rock without hitting one. Usually there's after market rims and big tires (NOT the kind you'd want for real off-road, just the cheapest 37-40" tires available), a mild lift (2" if that), a bunch of huge light bars, and a cranky grill. Gaudy isn't the best word--it's the ONLY word.

As for the movies:

A) You're gonna talk chase scenes on a Wrangler forum and not talk Jurassic Park? Objects in mirror are closer than they appear?

B) I'll take the W12 in the Audi from Transporter 2 over the BMW in the original. Anybody wanna swap one into their JL? :like:

C) This really deserves its own thread...

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I thought that the angry grills were just Jeeps that were upset because no one would take them off road.

Sponsored

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
I voted Yes not because I like them (they're not for me) but because the more "stuff" that's out there the more "stuff" that will be out there. Pluis if "you" like it then I'll smile when we pass. :jk:

MrFritz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
Only reason i would buy one is to hide the yellowing paint above my driver headlight on my bright white grille.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Only reason i would buy one is to hide the yellowing paint above my driver headlight on my bright white grille.
Ya, been looking at the paint on my white JLUR, the top and body are a different shade of white

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I laughed, but I am laughing with you, not at you. Mine is steadily getting worse, and I am pretty sure it spread to the white trim under the grille on the driver side now as well. Hopefully next year will have a permanent solution. For now, I am just living with it. I need to just coat my Jeep in mud so nobody notices.

MrFritz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara
I laughed, but I am laughing with you, not at you. Mine is steadily getting worse, and I am pretty sure it spread to the white trim under the grille on the driver side now as well. Hopefully next year will have a permanent solution. For now, I am just living with it. I need to just coat my Jeep in mud so nobody notices.
NewJust a great feeling to spend 50k on a car and watch it turn yellow in a week. Ive got 300 miles. 2.0t sahara
Sponsored