Sponsored

Android Auto - My jeep is LOST! The GPS is registering another location.

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
So here is the Deal.

About 75% of the time when I plug in my Galaxy S9 the Infotainment GPS Thinks I am about 120 Miles away from my actual location. Even as a Drive around. Because the Jeep doesn't know my actual location, the GPS is useless.

I thought it was the GPS in the phone. Because that's what powers the Infotainment System via Android Auto.

If I unplug the Phone and Use the Phone for GPS, it immediately knows EXACTLY where I am and the GPS works great. Then I plug it into the Jeep and the Android Auto Google Map thinks I am in a completely different location.

Any Ideas? Can I reboot the Infotainment System? I have rebooted the Phone.

It's not all the time. Which is Odd.

Thanks in Advanced.

Bucket.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So here is the Deal.

About 75% of the time when I plug in my Galaxy S9 the Infotainment GPS Thinks I am about 120 Miles away from my actual location. Even as a Drive around. Because the Jeep doesn't know my actual location, the GPS is useless.

I thought it was the GPS in the phone. Because that's what powers the Infotainment System via Android Auto.

If I unplug the Phone and Use the Phone for GPS, it immediately knows EXACTLY where I am and the GPS works great. Then I plug it into the Jeep and the Android Auto Google Map thinks I am in a completely different location.

Thanks in Advanced.

Bucket.
I believe there is a UConnect software update that fixes this issue.

EDIT - It's TSB that you will have to take your vehicle to the dealer for. TSB 08-012-18 REV. D

OP
OP
DonBucket

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
I believe there is a UConnect software update that fixes this issue.

EDIT - It's TSB that you will have to take your vehicle to the dealer for. TSB 08-012-18 REV. D
The word Dealer makes me cringe... lols

I will check that out. Thanks.

ezacarias

First Name
Ericson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL, 2013 Dodge Ram SLT
So here is the Deal.

Thanks in Advanced.

Bucket.
Happened to mine yesterday as well. The GPS on my phone works, for now I will be using my phone.
On the nav screen setup when you check the Get Info, do you get Satellite connections? I get GPS coordinates but they are way off and have Connection: 0 Reliable: NONE, I was wondering if my GPS antenna is broken.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The word Dealer makes me cringe... lols

I will check that out. Thanks.
Hi DonBucket, I understand that you may be hesitant to try and work with your dealer. However, if you do, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We are available via private message!
Rob
JeepCares
Sponsored