oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all,

My Android auto disconnects very easily. Sometimes a bump will disconnect the phone.

This persists through two phones (Galaxy S8 and S10), and multiple USB 3.0 cables. Tried all three USB location in the jeep as well. No improvement.

Any insights on how to improve connection stability?

Would switching to a USB C to USB C cable help?

Thanks!
Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I had this problem in my previous car with my Samsung Notes. Even the Samsung provided cable would disconnect every once in a while. I finally found a cable that worked without any disconnects. The cable I use is much thicker, apparently some systems are very picky. I haven't had any disconnects in the jeep with the same cable. I also have used a cheap, braided USB C-C cable from Walmart without any problems. My guess is there's a lot of data moving through, so you need either a high quality cable or the USB C-C connection.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
The cable solution is the most likely. In my case, it was the message system I was using. It was set to automatically go to Driving Mode when it sensed connection to the UConnect. I disabled the Driving Mode and it works just fine. I'm using an S10 on a 7" UConnect.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Most likely its just junk in the USB-C port on your phone. The cables are probably all fine. Take a small metal pick and try to clean out the port. You'd be surprised how much pocket lint can get trapped down in there.
Sponsored