Sponsored

Android Auto Disappeared?

sjgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I ordered my Jeep in May and picked it up in July 2018. For 6 months the Uconnect and Android Auto worked perfectly. Then one day I got into my Jeep and the AA never came up on my Uconnect screen. It started automatically on my phone as usual (Samsung 8) but the little icon never appeared in the bottom right hand corner. I've been going for weeks now without it. I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled but no luck. I'm at a loss????? Anyone have an idea how to get it back? I can't even remember having to do anything to get it in the first place....I think it just popped up the first day I drove it.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@sjgirl

It could be the cable you are using has chitt the bed so to speak. Do try another cable. I found the cable that came with my S8 is the best to use. I tried a couple of other cables but had the same issue that you are seeing.

I had a forum member call me last week. He was having issues like you even though he was using the cable that came with the S8. He wanted to know my thoughts as to what was wrong..

I told him to take a can of compressed air and to clean/blow out, the USB port on the bottom of the S8 where the USB cable plugs in... Anyway, he did this and some lint/dirt came out and geeeeeeeeez, the issue of just like you are seeing was no more. IF the Jl's radio does not lets say see the JL's radio because of an iffy cable or iffy cable connection, Android Auto app icon, will not appear on the JL's radio screen.

So, clean your USB port at the bottom of your S8 with compressed air and do use the USB cable that came with the S8.

Also, try a different USB port in your JL.

Let us know how you make out.

Remember, you have to have the Android Auto app on your S8.

Fpoor.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I have had this happen a few times with my Galaxy Note 8.
I did what you did but, prior to plugging it in to the USB, I also had to go in to Connect and remove/clear the phone from there as well....to start over clean.
To clear your phone in Connect, look under:
> Phone Pairing
> Smartphone Projection Manager
> Choose your phone
> Forget device

For what's it's worth, I have test 3 cables worth $3 to $15 and it has not made a difference.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Also take same phone and cable and go to another vehicle with AA capability and see if it connects ok. Cell phones don't always work right.

OP
OP

sjgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Thanks for the suggestions -- I have bought three new cables directly from the Verizon store specifically for my Samsung. I have tried all the USB ports, etc.
The only thing I haven't done is to have the Jeep "forget" all phones. I will try that today.
Thanks

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@sjgirl

Don't discount the idea of cleaning the phones, USB ports with compressed air.

The phone/JL reset should also be tried.

Go to your selling dealership and get them to let you try plugging your phone, with your cable, into one of the JL's they have there. See then if you have success with that JL.

OP
OP

sjgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Thanks all....issue solved. I went to projection manager and erased phone. Put it back in....when I did I noticed that the "mirroring"
was not checked. I checked it and BAM there it was.
It's funny....it took me a long time to get used to using AA and I wasn't sure I liked it at first....until I didn't have it and everything was a PIA. Very relieved and happy:)
Thanks again!

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Thanks all....issue solved. I went to projection manager and erased phone. Put it back in....when I did I noticed that the "mirroring"
was not checked. I checked it and BAM there it was.
It's funny....it took me a long time to get used to using AA and I wasn't sure I liked it at first....until I didn't have it and everything was a PIA. Very relieved and happy:)
Thanks again!
Glad it worked for you too.
Sponsored