Android Auto / Apple Carplay

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So I have a 2018 JLUR that I have been using Android Auto and when one of my daughters are in the car Apple CarPlay successfully since March of 2018. About a week ago they both stopped working. When I connect my android it will start charging but the Android Auto icon will not appear. The phone still functions through bluetooth. When I plug in my daughters iphone she gets a message on her phone screen that says uconnect is trying to use an App that is not available. I have checked and I have the latest version of Uconnect according to JEEP. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I have a 2018 JLUR that I have been using Android Auto and when one of my daughters are in the car Apple CarPlay successfully since March of 2018. About a week ago they both stopped working. When I connect my android it will start charging but the Android Auto icon will not appear. The phone still functions through bluetooth. When I plug in my daughters iphone she gets a message on her phone screen that says uconnect is trying to use an App that is not available. I have checked and I have the latest version of Uconnect according to JEEP. Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I had the same issue with my Pixel. It ended up being my cable was bad. Bought a MOS USB C cable and has worked every time.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue with my Pixel. It ended up being my cable was bad. Bought a MOS USB C cable and has worked every time.
I may consider a new cable but like I said, mine has worked without fail for 2 years with every different cable that I have owned over those two years. It now is not working in any port with any cable, even the official Apple cable with my daughters Iphone. I'm out of warranty so I may try the cable you have as a last resort before spending hundreds of dollars at the dealership. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Thanks. I will let you know. I am over 40K miles so I believe I am out of warranty for such a repair

Sponsored

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I may consider a new cable but like I said, mine has worked without fail for 2 years with every different cable that I have owned over those two years. It now is not working in any port with any cable, even the official Apple cable with my daughters Iphone. I'm out of warranty so I may try the cable you have as a last resort before spending hundreds of dollars at the dealership. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.
These radios are susceptible to any issue with a cable. I tried 3 till someone on this forum recommended MOS cables. Once I used it, have had no problems since. That is the route I would take. You could also try to reset the radio back to factory.

https://mosorganizer.com/products/mos-spring-usb-c-cable-c-to-c

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These radios are susceptible to any issue with a cable. I tried 3 till someone on this forum recommended MOS cables. Once I used it, have had no problems since. That is the route I would take. You could also try to reset the radio back to factory.

https://mosorganizer.com/products/mos-spring-usb-c-cable-c-to-c
Thanks. I clicked the link on my computer and my phone, this is embarrassing but I swear I do not see a button to add this to the cart to buy. Am I missing something? Also I have tried all of the recommended ways to reset back to factory but none seem to work anymore. I am able to get it in dealers mode but that only shows me configurations etc. The engineering mode can no longer be accessed by holding down the two climate buttons simultaneously. Is there a new way or different way that I can try.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
FYI I've been using Anker cables, which you can get on Amazon, for mine and my wife's phones. Never have a problem. 2020 jlur with the latest over the air uconnect update. I have an S9+ and my wife has an iphone. High quality cables and easy to get.
@TBULL52

Sponsored

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI I've been using Anker cables, which you can get on Amazon, for mine and my wife's phones. Never have a problem. 2020 jlur with the latest over the air uconnect update. I have an S9+ and my wife has an iphone. High quality cables and easy to get.
@TBULL52
Love Anker. All of my current cables are Anker except for the OEM Samsung that came with my Note 10. I really don't think my cable is the problem but I'm going to give this other one a try because if it works it will be 10 bucks well spent and if it doesn't I have another charging cable and it will be 10 bucks well spent lol.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really appreciate you taking the time to provide this info, it is an example of why I love this forum so much. I found this thread when my problem initially started and read it in its entirety. I have followed the 4 step directions at the start of the thread and it didn't appear to do anything, atleast there was no difference in the way the stereo performed. I have also watched all of the youtube videos that show holding down the up and down climate buttons for 10 seconds that will put you into the engineering mode but the only thing that it does is adjust my climate from one extreme to the other. I have also tried pressing the upper left hand side of the screen to get into engineering mode and that no longer works either. The one thing that I did have success with is getting into dealer mode by holding down the up/down climate buttons and 1 other button and that worked but dealer mode does not allow for factory reset of the radio. I am running a tazer so I unmarried that and tried all of the factory resets and still no success, I left the tazer out for 4 days seeing if that would allow any update or refresh to the system and there hasn't been a change. I also ensured that I have the latest UConnect update. Everything else works perfectly, bluetooth, phone charging in all ports, usb playback, this makes absolutely no sense lol.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks. I will let you know. I am over 40K miles so I believe I am out of warranty for such a repair
Okay! Please keep me updated.

Alison
JeepCares

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I really appreciate you taking the time to provide this info, it is an example of why I love this forum so much. I found this thread when my problem initially started and read it in its entirety. I have followed the 4 step directions at the start of the thread and it didn't appear to do anything, atleast there was no difference in the way the stereo performed. I have also watched all of the youtube videos that show holding down the up and down climate buttons for 10 seconds that will put you into the engineering mode but the only thing that it does is adjust my climate from one extreme to the other. I have also tried pressing the upper left hand side of the screen to get into engineering mode and that no longer works either. The one thing that I did have success with is getting into dealer mode by holding down the up/down climate buttons and 1 other button and that worked but dealer mode does not allow for factory reset of the radio. I am running a tazer so I unmarried that and tried all of the factory resets and still no success, I left the tazer out for 4 days seeing if that would allow any update or refresh to the system and there hasn't been a change. I also ensured that I have the latest UConnect update. Everything else works perfectly, bluetooth, phone charging in all ports, usb playback, this makes absolutely no sense lol.
I was using an Anker cable and that was giving me the issue. As far as resetting the radio try pulling fuse 97.