And my husband said...

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I can't remotely even daydream about running all the BoH trails, which is why I've narrowed it down to Bear Wallow and Rausch Creek. If I do get a Badge of Honor, it will probably be at one of those parks.

I'm probably too antisocial and curmudgeonly to ever go to either destination though. They sound crowded. If I liked crowds, I would just go to the mall.
You're a curmudgeon, but you're our curmudgeon. ;)

I live within easy driving distance of Rausch Creek, am usually in the area at least once per week, and have observed the incoming and outgoing traffic there (and talked with a few guys that have done a trail or 3.) It can indeed be a busy place, sometimes, but it's also very well-regarded in terms of trail networks and such.

If you need a trail buddy, PM me. I might be able to accommodate you. I have a pair of FRS radios and it's a two-vehicle minimum per trail outing, anyway.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
You're a curmudgeon, but you're our curmudgeon. ;)
:CWL:

If you need a trail buddy, PM me. I might be able to accommodate you. I have a pair of FRS radios and it's a two-vehicle minimum per trail outing, anyway.
That sounds like a winning plan, actually. I've been meaning to get back up to PA for years, and see if you guys ever finished any of the road construction :CWL::CWL::CWL:.

It's early days yet for making plans that far ahead. At some point early next year, we'll pick vacations. I can probably swing a trip to Rausch Creek, and maybe check out some other stuff while I'm in the general area. I always wanted to explore more of PA.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Am I running a 3 or a 7 every weekend? Would you have fun on my trail, or find it a boring waste of your road trip? It's an interesting question.
I am on the verge of cashing in on alllll my spending limits to buy a computer capable of doing a more presentable job of rendering 4k video. In the meantime, this crap is a good representation of my local trail:

It doesn't seem that hard to me. Maybe a 1 out of 10. Then again, the last time I wheeled it, I took a bad line through one of the ruts, and freaked myself out that I had just ripped a hole in my gas tank.

Edited to remove the drunk pity party. My ex left me, whine whine whine. Okay, I have some dignity back in place. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I did get drunk enough to order that video editing computer. It seems insane to invest that much in stupid drone videos, but I basically got a $4,000 computer for $3,000. It should be a gigantic step up from my $500 laptop that takes 12 hours to produce a short video. Faster iteration should result in better editing, and better videos. I feel like the bones are there to make some really awesome content, complete with original backing tracks.

It wouldn't be the first time I gambled on myself and lost, however. That's why I have a $10,000 drum kit and 12 subscribers on Youtube. :CWL:

Oh well. 😎

Last edited:

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@omnitonic - You may have already ran it but, if not, I would hit Peter’s Mill in your way up or down to/from Rausch Creek. That’s what I do coming from Raleigh usually. Otherwise, it’s not worth it to me at all (boring and there’s nothing around that trail either… no good lodging or food options). Rausch, while expensive, is a lot of fun. Best part is it only allows OHVs so you won’t have a million quads or bike zipping around either.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
That I'd only ever be a mall crawler. :LOL:

20211118_172119.jpg

I can't wait to find my next trail!
If my husband said that, I'd tell him to get back in the kitchen and fix me a sammich, with more bacon.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My ultimate trail to run is the Black Bear Pass. I would also like to run Engineer and Ophir. I very seriously doubt that we have any near me here in Texas. In the Hill country maybe.
Thanks for that information.
I recently wheeled the Northwest ORV park and Hidden Falls. Both are considered in the hill country of Texas….I believe, but I am no Texas expert.

The Northwest park was just okay as it is pretty small.

Hidden Falls was a fun park and had some great wheeling. Hidden Falls is worth the trip. Northwest was a one and done place for me.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Rausch, while expensive, is a lot of fun. Best part is it only allows OHVs so you won’t have a million quads or bike zipping around either.
ATVs, side-by-sides and certain motorcycles all qualify as OHVs. It's their exclusion that makes Rausch ORP a pleasant place to visit for Jeepers.

N.B. - Rausch Creek Powersports actually allows motorcycles.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs

Heimkehr

First Name
James